You can type here any text you want

Old School guys...step in!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

Any of you ever use one of Red's Fuel Enhancers? I have one that I'm thinking of using on my spare set up. I remember back in the day when there were quite a few around. I'm wondering if anyone remembers if it ties into the fuel pump wiring directly or does it do the same basic thing as a volt booster that boosts all voltage in the car?

It ties into the fuse box as a volt booster, it had its own re-chargeable batteries inside..my car had one in the 90's I still have it in a box in the garage..I wouldn't run it nowadays..

It ties in to the fuse box by replacing the fuel pump/injector fuse and only increases the voltage to this circuit, adding aproximatley 2.4 volts and only under boost. It was triggered by a pressure switch. Very simple hook up and was a great idea at the time. If your thinking of using one today it may very well need new batteries and I do not know if it would work with low impedence injectors. At one time I ran two of them on a double pump set up to help run 90# fuel pressure.

Any of you ever use one of Red's Fuel Enhancers? I have one that I'm thinking of using on my spare set up. I remember back in the day when there were quite a few around. I'm wondering if anyone remembers if it ties into the fuel pump wiring directly or does it do the same basic thing as a volt booster that boosts all voltage in the car?

Why not just use a volt booster? I understand the concept, but using something on the fuel system that depends on rechargeable batteries. It fails, volume drops, car leans out..... then you want to punch the Energizer Bunny in the face.

Oh I know there's much better ways. And I know it's old school but I do like to try things out. In all honesty, I probably wont even need it anyhow. Just wondering if anyone has used them. It's a pretty janky set up, using speaker wire and such! But hey, it's something that helped and brought on ideas when all these newer parts weren't available. Innovation doesn't mean it's the best way the first time around.

I have no wiring diagram either. I read somewhere that this charges the batteries?

001.jpg .......Knew I had it someplace lol

Back