You can type here any text you want

older autocross setup, yokohama A-008 R

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thumper

Has any one ever dealt with a rancho suspension set up for racing, has front and rear sway bars with heim joints at the four connecting ends, rear clamps to the rear axle similiar to the HR parts bar, with matching shocks, they called it challenger gt III system. Also the car is set up with Kirbans GNX replica rims and Yokohama A-008R p245-60vr16 directional tires,does anybody have info on this they can share?

Thanks
Bill

I've been autocrossing since the 70's and I remember those bars. The rear was a poor attemp at copying the 3rd gen F-Body set up. Why? I don't know.Seems to me the stock type was a better bar IMO. I ran a front bar simular to the Rancho only I used the Heim style links from Dick Guildstrand with a 34-36mm hollow stocker from the 3rd gen. You can find a front bar like that today from Air Ride Technologies. I don't know? You have to have a set of scales and an engineering degree to make them work IMO. I usually just left them the same length as the stockers. Those Yokes have to be dry rotted by now. I don't think they have made 008Rs for at least 5 years now.

Back