You can type here any text you want

older speed pro vs. FAST ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lteeone

I have been reading all these great things about the FAST unit. I just found a used Speed pro and I'm wondering if thier is any reason I should go with a new FAST unit. Has their been any major changes in the FAST and Speed pro?

Thanks
Scott

it might need a firmware upgrade internally.

I bought a used box that is extremely old, it just needs an internal upgrade ($40) and its just as good as the new one with the same options of course

I wonder if Craig can chime in and give us the breakdowns of firmware revisions, and what was changed..?

I remember reading how older ones only had the IAT/MAT table for fueling used under the alpha-n programming, but now that it was being used in the speed density mode as well.. Not sure what else was changed in there.

Brian Green
89 TTA
01 Jeep TJ
soon - Syclone again

Because we have a lot of different source code versions right now, outlining all the changes within this post would be quite a challenge.

Scott, for the most part all that has changed is the decal. There have been firmware changes as we've gone along, but it's still the same unit. As mentioned, $40 will get it checked out and upgraded for you.

Back