omni glh turbo

Hammer

Anyone ever see/drive a dodge omni glh turbo?they look exactly like a stock lamo omni except for some mild g/e and a red stripe around bottom.I owned one for short time (should have kept it),man what a sleeper,that thing ripped.It was like driving a 2 stroke motorcycle,it was even black.loved the look on the m!@#$ngs faces when they saw a 4 door omni pull em from a roll.To bad it was wrong wheel drive and would scatter the drivetrain every few months(oh yea thats why i sold it)I read somewhere that carrol shelby drove one and said that thing goes like hell(GLH). Any way just needed to vent peace out.

Shelby has one on display at his car factory just north of Las Vegas. This one is supposed to be the ultimate of the GLH's, but I don't remember the power numbers anymore.

Actually there were two models the GLH and the GLHS which was faster from what I remember . I'm almost positive the Car and Driver Mag that has the test of the GN (I think its April 1986) has the test of the GLHS too - I'll check it out when I get home tonight

My dad and i have had SEVERAL glh and glh's.These cars are the coolest thing excluding a turbo regal:D --back in 1988 i had a glh w/ added int.(which required a huge hood:cool: )--bigger inj's,computer,reg.---crap and a bunch of other stuff.Anything under 110 mph----it would absolutely embarass a stock GT or TR--(which was real cool at the time!!!!!).I used to own a car stereo shop and had an article in a national magazine with a stereo i did in this GLH-----one of the coolest cars i have ever owned---liscense plate read--"QUIK&LOUD".AHHHH--good memories.

Geoff

FlyinGN- the spec sheet said 2483lbs!!! That car had some potential.... high 14's stock nice.

-GNX7

Damn-it !I knew i should have kept that thing.2500lbs. ,no wonder it sounded hollow when you shut the door.After hearing all the comments i really miss it.Maybe i'll come across another one some day ,are they rare or worth anything?Hav'nt seen one in years.

I always wanted one of those little cars

I was thinking of getting one as a side project and daily driver idea

the funniest thing is the GLHS in 87 was the 4th fastest car with the GNX in 1st

86 GLHS, hands down, most fun car I've ever owned/driven. 87 GLHS was a 2-door and didn't handle as well, IMO it isn't as fun as the Omni. They can be had very cheap! I bought mine for 3k, it had 65k miles on it, and ran a best of 13.9 @104 on street tires/pump gas. I will definately own another in the future.

This kid with a 5.0 when I was in High School thought he and his car were god gifts to racing. When everybody was funneling out of school one day a kid that owned an 86 GLH stomped him in front of the whole school, it was great. :) The 5.0 never knew what hit him and quit bragging about his car nonstop.

I had a tan/gold one that I resold. Wish I kept it for a bit.
It was a manual & boy could it rip gears.

I see a red one around my city that the guy drives regularly but always slow. I am not sure he really knows what he has. Next time I see him I am going to offer to buy it.