On Center Build questions

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
Jan 11, 2009
SoCal the high desert
I’m swapping to my stage heads and my 2 piece valve covers won’t work with the headers I have . Does anyone have a set of valve covers sitting on the shelf by any chance?

dank GN

Jan 11, 2009
SoCal the high desert
Hey guys I actually found a set . Archie from GN1 PerformNce hooked me up . I traded him a intake for them . I just stripped them down and am in the process of painting them . I also am going to be putting my 2 piece valve covers up for sale to pay back some debt I owe to a fellow board member. I have never seen anyone running them and are a really nice set . Not sure what to ask for them as I have never seen a complete set for sale

Attachments

dank GN

Jan 11, 2009
SoCal the high desert
Does anyone have a set of inconel exhaust valves ? 1.600 diameter. Not sure on length. I’m looking for 6 if possible let me know what you have and hopefully we can work something out . Thanks

dank GN

Jan 11, 2009
SoCal the high desert
I got my 4 bolt turbine housing all squared away . So now I’ll have my 7168 with a .96 A/r instead of my .85 3 bolt housing. So that should definitely help in the back pressure department .also got a tps that was specific to my throttle body which had to ship from Australia which was crazy imo .

Attachments

dank GN

Jan 11, 2009
SoCal the high desert
I have a quick question. I was reading the specs on the Indy motor Buick ran in Indy car . Anyway I noticed they are running titanium exhaust valves instead of inconal is the reason for this the fuel they are running methanol ? If not what was the reasoning behind running that type of valve also can you run titanium valves in a motor that’s running strictly E85 ?
3E1E5D5B-02D6-4B19-A565-A52C2A34FD93.png

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Jul 19, 2001
St Paul, MN
I have a quick question. I was reading the specs on the Indy motor Buick ran in Indy car . Anyway I noticed they are running titanium exhaust valves instead of inconal is the reason for this the fuel they are running methanol ? If not what was the reasoning behind running that type of valve also can you run titanium valves in a motor that’s running strictly E85 ? View attachment 335262
Cooler charge and lighter for the revs they did. Valves are bigger and engines are freshened after each race. I wouldnt use them for a street car.

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
Dec 10, 2014
Westchester NY
I got my 4 bolt turbine housing all squared away . So now I’ll have my 7168 with a .96 A/r instead of my .85 3 bolt housing. So that should definitely help in the back pressure department .also got a tps that was specific to my throttle body which had to ship from Australia which was crazy imo .
What throttle body is that?

NY Twin Turbo

Dec 10, 2014
Westchester NY
It’s a super badass jenevy that has a progressive opening. It has very lil movement when cruising and down low driving but it snaps open quick when going WOT
Very nice.

Just went to the website. Seems it would be more street friendly than the Acufab 90mm Ford style that I'm currently using. I had to experiment with different secondary return springs when I went with the 400 and deleted the TV cable. I did this to give me just the right amount of feel on the gas pedal. But its still sensitive to slight movement and every little bump and bounce on the road translates to TPS changes.

I guess this is sort of common and like most things, it's not that bad. But it's not perfect. And I like to go for perfect. But I don't think these were available 15 years ago when I began fabricating my set up. And today unfortunately, there is no easy swap for me.

dank GN

Jan 11, 2009
SoCal the high desert
Yea believe it or not I got it from eBay for $25 :) the only thing that sucks was finding a dam tps sensor for it which I found one that had to get shipped fro Australia. And I still gotta figure out how I’m going to setup my throttle cable . I figure everything for these stage headed cars is custom in one way or another

NY Twin Turbo

Dec 10, 2014
Westchester NY
Yea believe it or not I got it from eBay for $25 :) the only thing that sucks was finding a dam tps sensor for it which I found one that had to get shipped fro Australia. And I still gotta figure out how I’m going to setup my throttle cable . I figure everything for these stage headed cars is custom in one way or another
We bring the pain unto ourselves.

Never have I taken something out of a box and installed it.

dank GN

Jan 11, 2009
SoCal the high desert
Okay guys here is a update on what’s goin on with my dam motor . I discovered my cam key was broken . And so that caused my all my exhaust valves to make friends with there respective piston. The piston was alil bit bigger then the exhaust valves so needless to say all my exhaust valves are bent . There is very light damage to the pistons. I believe they are definitely still runable . So my plans from here are to order some new valve guides and some exhaust valves . I do have a question about running bigger 2.02 valves in the intake side of TA SE heads . Has anyone actually ran them on there 4.1 and was it worth it going to the bigger valve ? Anyway here are some pics of the damage

Attachments

Reggie West

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
May 28, 2001
Temecula, CA
Okay guys here is a update on what’s goin on with my dam motor . I discovered my cam key was broken . And so that caused my all my exhaust valves to make friends with there respective piston. The piston was alil bit bigger then the exhaust valves so needless to say all my exhaust valves are bent . There is very light damage to the pistons. I believe they are definitely still runable . So my plans from here are to order some new valve guides and some exhaust valves . I do have a question about running bigger 2.02 valves in the intake side of TA SE heads . Has anyone actually ran them on there 4.1 and was it worth it going to the bigger valve ? Anyway here are some pics of the damage
Chris call Nick Micale and ask him. He will know for sure.

GTP_ARGO

Oct 7, 2015
Maybe not the same situation. The last engine I worked on I cut the cam keyway to be square on the bottom and all the way back to the shoulder. Made a custom key to fill the slot.

Reactions: turbo nasty
Top Bottom