You can type here any text you want

One 6.5" Carillo on-center rod needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KendallF

Blah blah blah
Subject pretty much says it all.. I have one rod that won't repeat when we size it; we think it's because the dowels are loose and I'm ordering new dowels for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I bought 3 Kryptonite 6.5" rods in hopes that they'd weigh close enough to the Carillos to use one, but they're 80 g. lighter..no go.

Anybody got part of a blown up set? :)

Kendall,

One of my friends here in San Diego has the remnants of some ASA stuff we bought a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure He's got some spare rods. He's out of town until tomorrow. When he's back I'll check and see. Wide Journal correct?

Neal

Yessir... thanks! :) If you're talking about Mac, I can give him a call as well.

I got a lot done today; finished the head work and assembled them, resized the rods and fixed the f'ed up job that was done before. I was worried that they might not work out, but 5 of them look great (within 2 tenths). So all in all, I'm not displeased.

Yep,

That's the guy. He's supposed to be at the race track tomorrow. If he shows up (his leash doesn't usually stretch that far) ;) I'll ask him if he still has the parts.

Neal

DAMN! Kendall, I sold some to Griff at muscle motorsports, I know he has plenty of broken sets, wish I would have known sooner...

Blown up parts

Come on Kendal. Who do you know that has more blown up stuff than I do. Do you need the early style with the square shoulders on the rod end or the later one with the beveled edges. Give me a call if I can help. Ron

Re: Blown up parts

Originally posted by Ron Tarabori
Come on Kendal. Who do you know that has more blown up stuff than I do. Do you need the early style with the square shoulders on the rod end or the later one with the beveled edges. Give me a call if I can help. Ron

Ron, you're the blown up sh*t king! :D I'll call tomorrow. Heck, if I whine enough and get everybody to send me one, maybe I'll score a whole set!

Leash!!!!???

Neal you big plick!

I've got no leash, just a lot of responsibilites! I go where and do what I want whenever I want to! I eat when I'm hungry, I drink when I'm dry, and...

oops. Gotta go... :D :D :D

Really. I just got in Friday night around 9:30. Been doing manual labor today, preparing for the forecasted big storm coming up. 'Course, Neal, your not owning any land , you don't have to worry about things like that. :D :D :D

Kendall, call me if you still need a rod. I think mine are narrow journal, though. (Something like .850 rings a bell. But I'll check.)

Hey Kendall,

Let me know if you still need a rod, I have some around here somewhere! :)

Rick Elam

Did one of those rods i sent you work out ok?:)

I have enough where I'd better be able to get one to work out.. :) Thanks to you and Rick Elam I have a couple of nice looking ones. I also bought a set of brand new off-centers locally just so I could get the guy to throw in some more on-centers. Several of them look like junk but at least I have more options.

Over the holidays I worked on my GN some..the machinist who's been helping me took some time off. I am going back in Friday hopefully to finish the rods.

How's your car doing? I suppose the snow has things shut down up there as far as racing. You working on the street rod?

Back