One of the TTA convertibles is out here on the east coast now! *pics*

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Went to the Buick Performance weekend at Englishtown, NJ today. There were some beautiful cars there! I had the awesome privilege being parked next to one of 2 (or 3.. no one seems to know where the 3rd one is) TTA convertibles. Really neat car. Lenny is the new owner out here on the east coast and he was proud as can be showing the car today. It was really neat to hear people commenting on it. I must have heard 4 people say it was a clone to their friends! I'd jump right up and school em right! :biggrin: Then others would walk up and say.. "it can't be... damn it is!" Never a dull moment at a car show when your next to a car like that. It was strange being next to it. Not sure I was ever around a car as awesome as the TTA and it being 1 of 2 ever made! Lenny had some cool stuff to go with the car as well. All the pictures I took today are here.. Buick Performance weekend Englishtown, NJ Sept. 2007

Here are just a few....

BuickPerformanceWeekend07+051.jpg

BuickPerformanceWeekend07+043.jpg

BuickPerformanceWeekend07+053.jpg

BuickPerformanceWeekend07+061.jpg

BuickPerformanceWeekend07+070.jpg

I "think" it actually looks great with the top down .. I have a soft spot for rag tops :p

I'm surprised you never had one of the 2 Dan! I can see you rockin that for sure! :cool: Wait a sec.. the 3rd vert that is missing.. it better not show up in your barn Dan!! lol

This was the one from Victory Pontiac in Bellflower, CA. I think it was owned by Otis Chandler. They actually ran an ad on it in the paper and here is a copy of it below.. Read the SPECIAL NOTICE... Cool stuff!

adtopup.jpg

Hey Philly, nice picc! I love these two below. I would love to have a 15th anniversary. I would really like a 69 Ram Air 4, the 15th, TTA (of course) and a 30th. Any more pics of the 15th?
BuickPerformanceWeekend07+049.jpg

BuickPerformanceWeekend07+046.jpg

Went to the Buick Performance weekend at Englishtown, NJ today. There were some beautiful cars there! I had the awesome privilege being parked next to one of 2 (or 3.. no one seems to know where the 3rd one is) TTA convertibles. Really neat car. Lenny is the new owner out here on the east coast and he was proud as can be showing the car today. It was really neat to hear people commenting on it. I must have heard 4 people say it was a clone to their friends! I'd jump right up and school em right! :biggrin: Then others would walk up and say.. "it can't be... damn it is!" Never a dull moment at a car show when your next to a car like that. It was strange being next to it. Not sure I was ever around a car as awesome as the TTA and it being 1 of 2 ever made! Lenny had some cool stuff to go with the car as well. All the pictures I took today are here.. Buick Performance weekend Englishtown, NJ Sept. 2007

Here are just a few....

Glad you could hook up with Lenny, he's a great guy and got a very nice ride! Still got the photos he sent me when he first got the car in Long Beach!

The TTA vert has 8800 miles on it. I should have taken a picture of the spare tire compartment! I thing when they cut the roof in that thing someone at ASC was laughing because its pretty much impossible to get it out! :eek: If you had a flat and actually had to use the spare. It would take you all of a few hours trying to get that thing out. I tried to get some more pics of the cars but it was nuts. The 15th was cool car. They seemed cheap for a better term of words. Like the dash cluster and all don't look as classy as the TTA's. But cool car non the less. Lenny was a cool guy we chatted about the cars pretty much all day and we were there from 9:30am till 4pm! :cool:

that red GTA was a beautiful car.. I fell in love with it....

Thanks Jim for the congrats:)

So Jim.......How did you do in the car show?:biggrin:

Congrats on a win in a VERY tough class this year. I thought it would never happen, but Robert Schmieder finally got unseated as the Pontiac Day TA-3 champ. Robert had owned that '87 5.0 Formula since new and has won that event every year since then.

The weather was excellent and it was good seeing you, Frank and Frankie again.

BTW, the red GTA was just as sweet and scored a tie for 3rd with the TTA ragtop. The Firebird judge wanted to give the ragtop car 1st place just on rarity alone, but the judges discussed that it shouldn't be a factor.:redface:

It was great to see you again Chuck ..:)

Yes Jims TTA is wayyyy nicer then that TTA conv... Not even close if you judged em properly..

That red TTA deserved second and the TTA conv third IMHO.. rariety should have NO bearing if judged fairly

So Jim.......How did you do in the car show?:biggrin:

Congrats on a win in a VERY tough class this year. I thought it would never happen, but Robert Schmieder finally got unseated as the Pontiac Day TA-3 champ. Robert had owned that '87 5.0 Formula since new and has won that event every year since then.

The weather was excellent and it was good seeing you, Frank and Frankie again.

BTW, the red GTA was just as sweet and scored a tie for 3rd with the TTA ragtop. The Firebird judge wanted to give the ragtop car 1st place just on rarity alone, but the judges discussed that it shouldn't be a factor.:redface:

Thanks guys! Chuck it's always a pleasure to see you! Sorry I didn't get more time to chat with you! Thanks again for asking that red GTA to move so I could park next to the vert TTA! You da man! :cool: 2 years ago when I went with the TTA they had me in with the Buicks. This is the first year I was in the Pontiac part of the show. I was somewhat worried because sometimes Pontiac events like these frown on the TTA's. It's like the red headed step child that no one likes to Pontiac guys because of the turbo six in it. It was a great time and I loved every second being next to the TTA vert. I must admit.. that event is one event I always look forward to each year!

Just some info for you guys. That Convertible TTA is not one of the two that PAS had built. The car was sent to ASC buy the Dealer that had the car new. In '88 '89 '90 you or your Dealer could send your T-top F-body to ASC for the converson. It cost about $6,500 I had looked into getting mine done in '90

Steve K.

I was at E-town also. That turbo TA is a great car in Mint shape. The Owner was a nice guy to talk to also.

The 2 verts left PAS as T top cars and where sent to dealers. The dealers then sent them to ASC to be made into verts. They were random as the vin on the vert is real close to my vin. There is a rumor there is a 3rd vert that was made for someone at ASC but there is no documentation on that one nor has anyone every know where it's at or who owns it. But yes you are right Steve! :)