You can type here any text you want

Opinions on aftermarket intakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

Hello Boys,

my question is simple, what is your opinion on aftermarket intakes and the pros and cons for them.

i have champion irons on the car right now, and an building the engine to do high 9's. fast xfi will be in the equation as well if that really matters. i would like to stick to a 70mm throttle body jsut to keep the stock look and mounts

let me know what you all think.

Adrian

Best!

ran stock-OK, ported stock-better, Ported champion-Best!:biggrin:

at first that was what i was planning on buying, but then i found out there were more options.

So is the champion intake the big daddy of them all? and who sells them.

Thanks

Adrian

I'm assuming you are referring to off-center blocks.

The new Champion intake is probably the best (only?) production intake available. It is a new casting. I have never seen one in person but imagine it is for the racers that must appear stock. Does this intake match the Champion aluminum head?

Champion also sells a stock Buick intake that they port (it requires a core). It is nice and matches the ports of my Champion iron heads. Should work fine for a street and many strip engines. Depends on how $erious you are.

Of course, there are fabricated sheetmetal intakes (Hogan, etc). Pricey but worth it for the deadly serious racer.

Conrad

Back