Opinions on parking light lenses, please...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I'm tempted to change the front bumper-mounted parking lamp lenses of my '87 GN for the clear ones found on the '83 models...Do you think they would look better, compared to the original yellow ones? If someone has done this, can you please show me a few pictures? It would be appreciated!
Also, are they still available new?...
Thanks everyone for your replies! ;)

Claude :cool:

I like the clear much better than the orange. I have the tinted covers on mine, though.

clearlense1.jpg
clearlense3.jpg
clearlense2.jpg

Got mine new from GM about 2 years ago.

Oh yeah, before anyone asks, the clear headlight lenses are from a company called LUND. But beware, if you want a good flush fit they will have to be trimmed!

I may just have to go with clear ones for my TR...since I cannot find amber ones that are cheaper then 50 dollors...I found 4 sets of clear ones at my local Pick and Pull....

Mark...stop posting pics of your car!!!!

...I'm sick of it...every time I see it I want to buy stuff from you!

:)

Seriously, nice ride;)

Hey...anyone know if they make clear front marker lenses?

Originally posted by Maltman
Mark...stop posting pics of your car!!!!

...I'm sick of it...every time I see it I want to buy stuff from you!

:)

Seriously, nice ride;)

Hey...anyone know if they make clear front marker lenses?

Seriously, buy something from me!:D

The clear does look great, But I like the orange because it stands out on the black nicely and in the dusk you can't beat that classic bright orange. I have clear corners on my Camaro with amber lights and they look nice but not as bright as the orange stock covers.

Thanks to all of you guys!....

Gee!...thank you guys!...I wasn't expecting so many replies :eek:...I appreciate!
Tomorrow morning, I'm going to my GM dealer to order them!!! I think they look great!...
Again, thanks!
:D
'bye! Claude :)

To BuickGN Boosted, you said that you had to trim the Lund headlight covers? I have tried Lund and GTS covers and they did not fit, always too wide. How did you go about trimming them if you don't mind sharing?

Back before I had my GN, I had a couple 81 Regals. I always had the idea to cut the parking lights in half and install a set of driving lights that I found that were about 2"x5" in size (or something close to that) and reinstalling them along with the turn signal side. Never got around to trying it though. Those pictures look great and gave me the thought of trying it again.

Wow:
I didn't realize that such a small or minor change could make that much of a difference. And as much as I do not like headlight covers due to their poor quality of fit, the combination of clear headlight covers and the clear parking light lenses really make a big difference. Even without the clear headlight covers, between the choice of orange and clear, it is not even a contest. Thanks for sharing the question, responses, and the pictures.

WOW!

I have a cracked orange one and i've seen a ton of clear ones at the junk yard but have never throught of getting one. now i am going to get one! that looks great!

HELP!...

Mmmm...My dealer just told me that are no longer available from GM.... :( Now I'm turning to all of you guys...Does someone has NOS ( new) ones for sale or maybe excellent condition used ones? I'm, willing to pay the right price for the right parts...
Thanks, Claude. :(

P.S: You can reply to me here or send me an e-mail if you prefer...Thanks! :)

Funny thing, I have a 85 Delta 88 and as I was jacking it up to work on it today I noticed the clear lights in the front, throught about switching them!

go to a junk yard and look around. the cutlases used them, and i've seen a lot of them in the junk yards, i'm sure you could find 2 good ones.

Claude i just sold a perfect set to a guy in canada not to long ago. I was lucky when i found them.

I will try to hunt another pair.

Sean