You can type here any text you want

Opinions please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

supercoupe5

i have been looking for a gn lately. i have been thinking of getting one with a bad motor or a roller. now for what i would like an opinion on THE ENGINE. i have been looking at putting a ta engine together (expensive i know) with a twin turbo set up on it. small turbos to start as i dont want to put a cage in the car because i need the back seat for my children. after a few years when i dont need the rear seat i can upgrade the turbos to larger ones and have the real fast car that it should be. i only want to buy an engine one time. i dont mind rebuilding it just want to purchase it one time. any thoughts and opinions are cool. again i must apologize for the stubid newbie thoughts and questions. thanks for your patients during my learning curve dave

Seems a bit excessive and unnecessary since you still want to use it as a family hauler. You can achieve eveything you want for $10,000 less and keeping it a single turbo.

I would go the stage route, build the motor stout as hell internally but keep the single turbo, pseudo stock appearing setup until you can quit considering it a kid hauler, then when you are ready, go with your wild idea.

my thought was to go the stage route i would spend 10-15k. to go the wild way i would spend 25-30k. i would get the expensive parts out of the way first and then when it got radical i would have have to spend the money all over again and spend 35-40k to get to the same place as i would be if i only got the overkill parts in the begining. the children hauler is only for maybe the next 2 years and only part time as we have other cars in the family. dave

Back