You can type here any text you want

Opinions please.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

I just took my engine apart last weekend after my flat tappet went south a month ago (big surprise) A few friends of mine thought I should just drop the pan flush it out and pop a new cam in it, well this is the 3rd cam that has gone flat and I am not at all comfortable with doing that so I pulled the engine. I pretty much pulled the engine as soon as I heard some lifter noise because I knew exactly what is was.

Anyway I pulled the engine apart and to my surprise the rods and mains looked very good, the engine only has about 3,000 or so miles on on it and I did catcth the cam going bad very quickly. I though since I was this far I will go ahead and throw a new set of rods and mains in it for good measure but leave the cam bearing alone.

I am curious to hear if some of you guys would use the rings or replace those also. I am leaning towards leaving them since the roller cam kit is going to eat up all my extra cash for this.

I have decided to get the 215/220 roller :biggrin: Rev x kit from FT it seems like the best fit for my combo and will accomplish what I want the car to do.

I would just like to hear some other opinions on what you would do in this situation.....

Thanks

thaks for the reply, I was starting to wonder if there were any other engine builders on here....LOL I was pretty much leaning that way but I am going to throw some new rods and mains in it. The one that came out had small pieces of material pounded into it but no babbit showing....I figure for $100 bearings I should go ahead.

Thanks!

New Rods and mains???
You mean just bearings, right?

Pull the oil galley plugs and get a set of brushes to clean out all the passages

yeah just bearings, I think the onse that came out would be ok to reuse but since the engins is completely apart it does not make sense to me to reuse soething as critical as a bearing.

I am planning on cleaning the block and parts this weekend and get the bottom end reassembled. I plan on purchaseing the roller kit from FT next week or so and get this thing abck on the road.

Back