You can type here any text you want

Option file

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

foxspy

Hey guys,

Ever since I've had my FAST the wide band has been reading rich compared to other hand held/dyno wide bands. If the FAST is saying 12.0:1, then the other wide bands are reading 13.0:1. I made sure there was a clean connection in the wiring harness and still had the problem.

I talked to FAST and they emailed me a "option file" that is suppose to fix it. I have not tried it yet. I did load the option file, but my question is do I need to load this file just once, or if I use a different laptop to tune, then should I load it on each computer I use to tune?

Thanks for the help.

once its in the ecu your can't remove it either, until u install a new option file again. Are you sure its off 1 complete a/f thats a huge difference

And you'll find that the different wb's just read diferent. It's just something we accept, and tune conservative to compensate for ;)

TurboTR

My motor is 502", N/A, and my best run to date is w/ the wide band saying my air/fuel ratio is 11.4:1, that seems way too rich for a N/A motor.

I loaded the option file, but haven't had a chance to see if there were any changes.

I would be interested to know why the wb is reading out 1 complete a/f. Bruce i know you have done some testing, but the accuracy can't be that far off.?????????I can see maybe .1 but not 1

You say your A/F is 11.4 @ best power. 12.4 if corrected. That sounds richer than we normaly run on a N/A motor. We have found 12.8 to 13.2 to produce best power. Hope you can solve your problem.

Yes, 11.4:1, so far, haven't finished tuning to see if I can get any faster.

Does anyone know what exactly the option file does?

The file they sent me was WB_2407.

The option file calibrates the WBO2 sensor to your ECU without it the sensor will not function properly.

Back