Ordered new Morel lifters to replace my CC 853's.

Tim Cucci

I removed my intake and checked the lifters ( CC 853's ) in place. Wiggled the cross bars and it is obvious that they have got to be rattling. My engine sounds terrible. I can wiggle the crossbars and almost duplicate the noise. Some are even worse than others, I have gone thru pushrods and preload from loose to tight and not solved the issue. I went ahead and ordered the Morel Lifters from Weber. I expect this will eliminate most of the noise. My heads are stock iron ported and polished with Ferrera Valves and stock rockers so I guess I will have to check pre load and pushrod specs again with these new lifters. Are the Morel lifters any where close to the same dimensions and travel as the CC853's?? Thanks

nope. you'll need new pushrods. They cups on the Morels are at a different height relative to the wheel.

Got a pre load spec? 015 to 030 ? 206/210 CC . Seems like the last push rods I ordered were from trend. Lifters have shipped and now I am anticipating a real roller sound. Mine sounded like a sewing machine working metal fabric.

let us know how it sounds post cc's,i got a similar setup,and dont like the rattle but have got used to it.

nope. you'll need new pushrods. They cups on the Morels are at a different height relative to the wheel.

it seems to me that someone should know the height difference, but perhaps measuring and ordering exactly might be a better plan...

Bob

has anyone ever proven how much noise comes from the tie-bars? (on the Comps or the Morels)

B

it seems to me that someone should know the height difference, but perhaps measuring and ordering exactly might be a better plan...

Bob

I do....... but it's always better to measure.

Nothing worse than starting off with something wrong and ''knowing'' you're right :D

The first thing I did when I got the intake off was reached in and wiggled the crossbar. I was really surprised at the play. I had read about these lifters and heard stories but I really did not expect the play and rattle to be that bad. Obviously I do not remember the crossbars being that loose when I put them in. All lifters and rockers are still in place and have not been removed yet. I can actually rattle them with my finger tip.

when the morels come in, compare the loosness and rattly-ness.....

Bob

Take a video of the old lifters. I'ld like to see how much the tie bars wiggle.

I have received the new lifters, they too have some wiggle also. I removed the CC lifters and pushrods and compared out of the block. The CC lifters do have more play. I Placed a pair of the Morel's in the block and they seem to not have nearly as much play just setting in the block. I do need to get shorter pushrods. Seems like from rough measuring and math that it will take a pushrod around .175 shorter than what I am using with the CC 853's. I will take some pics and video when I get back to it check preload with adj. pushrod. Gotta get push rods now. Can any body agree or confirm my rough dimensional differences in relation to CC 653 compared to Morel??

I have Speed Pro roller lifters, they're quiet on my billet cam
What preload do you guys suggest with the Morel lifters? I have beehive springs and 206 / 210 CC Roller Cam. Can pre load be in this range ( 020 to 060 ) with no issues? With the dimensional checks on my adj. pushrod I can calculate anywhere from .032 to .050. preload using different length pushrods. Consider the fact that my heads have been completely reworked and p.p. with Ferrea SS Valves also.

there isn't one. Morel doesn't sell direct. They only go through people that rebadge their parts.