You can type here any text you want

Original AC DELCO Freedom Battery

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rayk

Let the Boost begin!
I’m looking for a series 75 Battery that is either identical to or very close to the original battery installed in the 1987 Turbo Regals or GNs. So far, my research tells me that the Delco Gold series is very close. Also have heard that there might be some of the Delco Freedom Battery stickers that were available a few years ago on this forum or ebay.

Can someone point me in the right direction? My car came with one of the Optima Red top batteries and, although it's a great battery, I don't like how it looks and it's also too short for the factory hold-down clamp to keep it secure. I'll be getting rid of it as soon as I find a stock appearing battery.

Optima Battery (1).JPEG

Optima Battery (2).JPEG

I bought this sticker off ebay and put it on my battery. The ac delco new batteries have a handle built in now. So I found a battery that looked like the original and put this sticker on it.

I have an AC Delco 75VPG Gold in my car. Looks pretty good. I think I paid around $225 at Advanced Auto Parts.

I'm going to have to look into that sticker set... Where does the "eye" go? I cant remember.

Attachments

• Buick Battery.jpg
    Buick Battery.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 24
Nice engine bay. I did buy the Delco Gold 75 VPG battery but, decided not to put the Repro stickers on it. I didn't want to disrupt the 42 month free replacement warranty info on the top. The Chevy dealer parts manager told me, if the battery goes bad for any reason within 42 months He would replace it at no cost. They only charged me $185 plus tax for the battery.
Delco Freedom Gold Battery.jpg

I just put the original battery stickers on the backing for the old school reproduction one. If it goes bad I'll just switch the stickers back to the original battery stickers. Should work.

Heat up the decals with a hair dryer and put them on some wax paper. You can reinstall them anytime with a little spray glue if you need warranty.

Nice engine bay. I did buy the Delco Gold 75 VPG battery but, decided not to put the Repro stickers on it. I didn't want to disrupt the 42 month free replacement warranty info on the top. The Chevy dealer parts manager told me, if the battery goes bad for any reason within 42 months He would replace it at no cost. They only charged me $185 plus tax for the battery.View attachment 401523
That Optima battery is a very good battery, but is does stand out like a sore thumb. I've created several threads on the AC Delco battery over the years, and by now everyone knows that I'm a advocate for AC Delco battery. Being the original owner of my car @ 37 years , I purchased my 5th AC Delco battery ( including the original) this past May. I kept the core on the original freedom battery in which I have in storage.

But what caught my attention on this thread ,is what you all are paying for the 42 months gold. Looks as if the GM dealer or auto store are over charging. Back in May I paid $149.00 out the door. 20240904_204515.jpg

That Optima battery is a very good battery, but is does stand out like a sore thumb. I've created several threads on the AC Delco battery over the years, and by now everyone knows that I'm a advocate for AC Delco battery. Being the original owner of my car @ 37 years , I purchased my 5th AC Delco battery ( including the original) this past May. I kept the core on the original freedom battery in which I have in storage.

But what caught my attention on this thread ,is what you all are paying for the 42 months gold. Looks as if the GM dealer or auto store are over charging. Back in May I paid $149.00 out the door. View attachment 401532
Geat Price! $185 was the best price I could find in central Florida. I was able to sell the Optima battery for $100, though.

Back