Original owners?

Sure, Bruce, since your butt has been in one seat or another since it was new. That, is, of course, if you are over 25 yourself. Me thinks you are:biggrin:.

Oh, BTW, mine has 144k on the unopened engine.

Great! Thanks! You're right, I'm WELL over 25:( I'm 63 and starting to feel like it, too....fricken bones are making more noise than a train passing by. When I look down, I get a total eclipse of my feet:rolleyes::tongue:

Got you beat, sorry.....mine has 168k unopened engine, but yours is newer. Still, it must be nice to be the original owner of one....that makes you a TRUE appreciator of these cars. That's nice to hear.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bought in Feb of 1986 built in Oct of 85. Was a canada export car that ended up at an Ohio dealership.

My situation is like Bruce's....my mom bought it new and gave it to me last year.

Attachments

• Full sizecropped.jpg
    Full sizecropped.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 237
Dad ordered the WH1 on my 3rd birthday and I got it the day I graduated high school with about 56,000 on it!

I'm with Bruce and Dash65, my dad bought mine new and gave it to me about 3 years ago...wanted it since I was a kid. :tongue:

Any of you original owners take any pics of your "new" cars back then? If so, post them.

Mines on a faded Polaroid SX-70 instant photo. :eek::p:rolleyes:

I wished I used some good old Kodak slide film. :biggrin:

Any of you original owners take any pics of your "new" cars back then? If so, post them.

I do!!! I've got lots of pictures of it on my Grandparent's farm...Dad's '87 GN had only 99 miles on it...he let me drive it there to take Mom to see her mother back in '87.....if I can get out later this week, I need to get the photos transfered to a CD then I'll post them.......been wanting to do that for about a year now, but other things come up which keeps me occupied, thus....I'll do my best....glad you suggested it.

Bruce '87 GRand National

Picked mine up July 20, 1986. It was a T not a GN and it didn't have T tops so it had sit on the lot for 3 months.

This was from the weekend I brought it home

171320_1263825373265_1758662159_477624_5337958_o.jpg

171044_1263848853852_1758662159_477633_5843376_o.jpg

Cool old pics.

I was not the original owner, but here is a pic of me, my dad and my brother-in-law in late 1994.

My silver 87 T (loaded with t-tops, digital dash twilight sentinel, etc.)

My dad with his limited he had just purchased from Lawrence Conley (ZRWHAT).

My brother-in-law with his hot-air car T-Type.

Buicks1995.jpg

Somewhere I have pictures of my car fresh off the transporter, with the white foam shipping blocks still on the bumpers. I just don't know where "somewhere" is. Boy that was a long time ago.

Sure, Bruce, since your butt has been in one seat or another since it was new. That, is, of course, if you are over 25 yourself. Me thinks you are:biggrin:.

Oh, BTW, mine has 144k on the unopened engine.

If Bruce counts, I am as well :D

Mine has a date of 10/21/87 on the pre-delivery inspection sheet so I took delivery shortly after that. The A/C compressor has a build date of 9/15 so the car was built late Sept or early October 87.

Thanks,
Mike

florida%20GN.jpg

Picked up the car from the dealer Dec 21, two days later on the way to Florida.
One of many many trips to Florida. The little guy is now 26 and my Dad is now 90.

I like to consider my wife the original owner of our GN - eventhough she technically isn't.
She was married to the original purchaser, but she took care of since day one.
She got it in the divorce....it has 47k on it at the time.
It has just over 200k now and in need of lots of work.
but the original motor is still unopened short of a set of valve cover gaskets and a timing chain.

I'm not but, I do know one guy here in KC that bought his new and brought it to Duttweiler and they went through it in the late 80's. He still wont say what all they did to it but it ran high 10's back then. It's been setting most of its life and has 25k miles on it. I haven't seen it since the late 90's, but I'm sure it would be cool to know all was done to it.