You can type here any text you want

Original Wheel Well Moldings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Kelly

I just finally finished the two year frame-off restoration of my 86 GN. It felt like it was 1986 and I was picking it up at the dealers. It came out beautiful.
Anyway, as we replaced all of the trim (most of which was too worn to go with the new paint job, I have a couple of leftovers that someone might be able to use. I have the original electric antenna (I switched to antenna in windshield) which worked upon removal but not all the way up or down. Also the original wheel well moldings which are in typical 30 year old shape. Three of them ae pretty good and will need only mild sanding and painting. The fourth has a small bit of corrosion on an inner edge running a couple of inches long and maybe 1/8 inch deep.
They are free to first callers. I live in Southwestern Connecticut (Wilton) I prefer local pickup or if you frequent John Csordas'
finished1.JPG
shop in Pleasantville I could leave them with him for you. Let me know.

Tom Kelly

Just wait till it's time to drive it home. Its like 1986 and you're picking up your new car. I made three changes during the restoration. 1. The antenna removal, 2. Removed the original equipment body side molding. and 3. Did not repeat the "wavy" paint on the bottom of the sides but made it gloss all the way down. Discovered how sad old trim looks on a new paint job so spent about $800 buying new trim pieces or restoring hard to get originals. All worth it. Good luck with yours. It was well worth the wait. New engine, new chassis and now new body....all better than new. Love it

Your car is beautiful can you post more pics of that gorgeous gn
Here you go. A couple of shots as finished and some shots along the way to show how rust gets into these thirty year olf cars. And it seemed pretty solid on the outside. A movie we have all seen I am sure. And of course, one of the engine. Enjoy

Attachments

• 100_5838.JPG
    100_5838.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_5804.JPG
    100_5804.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_5771.JPG
    100_5771.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 29
  • finished2.JPG
    finished2.JPG