ORSCA race pics

Dusty Bradford

I snapped a few pics while at the race last weekend. Didn't have much time because it seemed I was constantly facing another new car bug after each pass.

Friday night the car would not leave or come up clean on the two step. I thought the converter was too tight. Made two passes without much data. Saturday first round of qualifying I sat in the beams until the rpm's wouldn't come up any higher and went a 5.36 at 144.5 with only a 1.47 60 foot. When I got back to the pits I found the issue. The MSD slew was active and was holding the rpm's down. I tried raising the rpm/time limiter for the second round but it didn't help and went a 5.4 at 138. The car was on 7 cylinders for 2.5 seconds. Last round I removed the slew limit and the car went crazy. It tried wheel standing twice, the second time it snapped the yoke on the driveshaft.

I still have a few issues to work out but it's coming together. I was pleased with the 144.5 considering how long it was on the rpm/time limiter.

Attachments

• orscaIMG0006.jpg
    orscaIMG0006.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 687
  • orscaIMG0004.jpg
    orscaIMG0004.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 658
  • orscaIMG0005.jpg
    orscaIMG0005.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 663
  • orscaIMG0002.jpg
    orscaIMG0002.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 669
Awesome

You are my Hero...i can't wait till i get me a turbo V-8 car...your car is very nice and nice #'s to go with it...........................Bob

I was looking for you to step up every time I went on the web site last weekend. I guessed your were having some sort of problem going on. What is the deal with all the people down there having problems with the 7531? I got mine back running this past weekend and heading out to the rock friday morning. If everything goes good I might get a 106 for carolin's race. I hope to find out what this 98 will do this weekend.
car looks good!!!!

Congrats on a gorgeous car Dusty.

I know you were wanting better results but, knowing you it won't be long.

Wish I could of made it for the weekend. Funny how work just seems to get in the way, lol.

I was looking for you to step up every time I went on the web site last weekend. I guessed your were having some sort of problem going on. What is the deal with all the people down there having problems with the 7531? I got mine back running this past weekend and heading out to the rock friday morning. If everything goes good I might get a 106 for carolin's race. I hope to find out what this 98 will do this weekend.
car looks good!!!!

It was one issue after another. I fought distributor phasing issues with the small cap distributor, it was crossing terminals down low when the timing was high. I got that fixed then it wouldn't leave hard. My MSD box is doing the same thing as the guy parked next to me. It would trace the time based rev limit graph about 400rpm lower than the graph. When you pull it up it looks like it never got to the graph but was perfectly parallel. You had to pull up the active rev limit graph which showed it was active and dropping cylinders for 2.5 seconds. I had one guy tell me it was interference with the white points wire from the FAST but the other car with the same issue was a carb car. I'm going to borrow another box to see if it goes away before I make any changes. I don't see how interence would cause it not to reach the graph since the rpm is reading correctly. I'll have to do something, the car is too violent without pulling a lot of power out down low.

The turbine a/r is 1.0, not sure on the copmpressor. I was suprised how fast the boost comes in. You won't be disappointed in the 106mm. I should have a video of the pass that broke the driveshaft as soon as the guy updates the website. You can see how much difference the rev limiter makes.

James, thanks. I been telling my boss for a while that work really gets in the way of racing....somehow they don't see it that way.

Dusty,

Your car looks great and from all the videos I have seen it drives straight and true. Just hope we can get ours set up as well as yours. Keep us posted on the MSD issues, I know you will work it out.

Jim

lookin good Dusty, whats the cubic inch diff between this and the other engine

Dusty get that car up to the "Shakedown at Etown" on the 15th
HUGE race awesome track and radial tire class.
shakedown07.jpg

5000 to win
1000 r/u
Pays back to first round just hte GS Nats TSO did

Well if you come for the weekend including fri we can hit Cecil county and really put the number down!

Congrats on the new best MPH Dusty! I would think with that kind MPH you should at least see a 5teen when you get the car sorted out? Car looks great as usual!:cool: