You can type here any text you want

ow many times can you reuse ARP head studs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4-71/Z-28

a few weeks ago i lifted a head and blew a cometic gasket, so i ordered another gasket and they sent me the wrong one (.o60 instead of .040) so i took a few layer out to make it .040. well i lifted the head again the next time i took it out. i reused the head studs, do you think it could be the studs or maybe me taking apart the cometic gasket. i took a stright edge to the heads and block and they looked good.

The ARP studs will last longer than the threads in the block. I have used the same set for 4-5 builds.

I have stretched (not beyond the yield point) a set at least 15 times with no problems. I doubt you could yield one without ripping threads out of the block first. The more times they are torqued the better. It polishes the threads and makes the torque wrench readings more accurate. Top engine builders will torque the mains several times to polish the threads before the final torque.

I have stretched (not beyond the yield point) a set at least 15 times with no problems. I doubt you could yield one without ripping threads out of the block first. The more times they are torqued the better. It polishes the threads and makes the torque wrench readings more accurate. Top engine builders will torque the mains several times to polish the threads before the final torque.

You're suppose to torque cycle brand new fasteners 5x times before final torque, atleast that's what I do.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back