P.O.S aftermarket exhaust companys

TurboTA3.8

You wont keep up the pace
today i had 4 hours to do a downpipe and exhaust on a friends tta. it took about 1 hour to take everything off . now the fun begins. the downpipe slides in nice but it hits the rocker panel .so it has to be cut and made shorter there and the end that go's to the cat is to short and has to be made longer.ok so thats enought ripping on terry houstan ****ty piece terry.

now to the atr pit bull exhaust the first bend is all wrong and flange is twisted the exhaust rubs in the back all over they made it way to tight to the body and it does not even sit level in the back

ok so my feelings are on all this junk is that atr and terry houstan need to get in to the paper clip business atleast then you can bend there stuff to make it better

george benson

Dang!!!

That is the combo i planned on getting for Xmas. THDP with ATR catback. Was it that bad of an install. Who has THDP+ATR? Could you please comment.

Thanks
Sam S.

I have all those parts brand new sitting on my floor waiting to go on :) THDP for the TTA and ATRs 3" cat back for the TTA ... i hope its not that bad of a install :eek: and i have the Global West subframe connectors new in the box too :D which should you install first frame connectors or the complete exhaust system ? did you use a lift ?

Thanks Jim

Vsix

Jim,

My source is telling me that the THDP and ATR catback are going to be a pain in the butt to install and will mess up you car, badly. That being, since we both own TTA and me being your friend, I'll take the burdens off your hands :D

Seriously, if you feel it would be a pain to install, I am looking for those parts and hopefully save a few bux. If not then i'll wait for Xmas.

:D

The Houston pipe is a pain in the butt to get right. Then you have to cut some off when you put SFC in. Why he makes the bend come so far out to the rocker is anybody's guess.

As for the ATR exhaust, I've seen one that was on two TTA's and it fit both cars very nicely.

well the exhaust is not done i spent 4 hours messing with it ill start cutting with the thdp the work my way back and yes it hits the subframes so i will be shortening up that bend 2 inches to put it where it should be in the tunnel provided then the flange is twisted on the atr so i will be cutting that

thanks atr and terry for all the money im going to make on this exhaust

george

I think i'm one of those that Pioneered cutting the THDP rite where its welded under the frame.

Cut a couple inches and the SFC's will be hitting free..

FWIW..mine doesnt hit the body anywhere...

Stock exhuast on mine..nice and quite..oh did I mention the electric cutout ;)

The (cut) Houston downpipe and ATR exhaust is a great combo. Other than doing the cut becasue of the SFC's everything went in perfect.

I had to modify my ATR cat back to fit. I was real upset at first but the fix was very simple and cheap (less than $10). The problem was if i had the muffler running straight across from the pass side to the driver side then the muffler would angle down towards the ground. If I had the muffler parallel to the ground then it would angle towards the front of the car. I had to cut the main pipe before it took the 90 degree to go to the over axle pipe. I then had the short piece of pipe I cut off expanded (cost me $3). I then slipped it on to the pipe I cut it off and this allowed me to rotate that 90 and have it lean more towards the passenger side. This then allowed me to rotate that over axle pipe a little more and to get my muffler in right. Only thing else I had to do was to get another 3" muffler clamp to clamp those two pieces together.

HTH: Jason

Doesn't anyone else make a decent exhaust system for our cars?? Does anyone know anybody that (if they were given the factory blueprints, and material specs) would be willing to help (manufacture) good sets that MAY ACTUALLY FIT these cars? Maybe a small shop or someone with the needed equipment ? It seems the aftermarket guys are trying to "reverse engineer" these parts, and sometimes that wont work. turbota

Originally posted by turbota
Doesn't anyone else make a decent exhaust system for our cars?? Does anyone know anybody that (if they were given the factory blueprints, and material specs) would be willing to help (manufacture) good sets that MAY ACTUALLY FIT these cars? Maybe a small shop or someone with the needed equipment ? It seems the aftermarket guys are trying to "reverse engineer" these parts, and sometimes that wont work. turbota
My SLP fit with no problems.

My SLP system also fit like a factory original. What I was trying to find out was if anyone built a COMPLETE system for our cars. The problem, as I see it, is that noone has all the correctly dimensioned parts to install a complete system on our cars. My SLP system is,as yours, only a "cat-back" bolt-on. I would like to replace the front half with a system that is "mandrel bent" to the proper specifications to enhance the SLP cat-back (maybe minus the "cat" part ) that fits. Again, if anyone knows someone with the equipment to make this let me know I have the original prints to work from, (including the manifolds), and would be willing to work with them to get this off the ground and keep all of these cars on the road, or track, as the case may be. Believe me, I have the same problem and would like to put this to bed......
Sorry for the lengthy answer. Turbota
P.S. I like my "Sleepy Engineering" exhaust, after installing that my G-Tech said 11.88 @116 on an uphill public road !!!!!not bad for the TRANS AM from HELL