You can type here any text you want

PA Racing K Member & swaybar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mark b

Steve from NY (TTA850?) - are you out there?

Does anyone have the custom k-member from PA racing installed with the factory sway bar? When I talked to the guy from PA, it seemed like the factory sway bar could be retained, but now with the k-member and tubula a-arms installed, that might not be the case.

I think Steve told me at Cottons that he had this installed. Steve, were you able to reuse the swaybar?

No I didnt reuse the sway bar and my a-arms dont have the provisions for the end links either. If PA set your arms up with the end link mounts I dont see why it wouldnt work.

If the arms dont have the mounts give PA a call and I'm sure they will exchange them for a set that has em.

Good to see your car is coming together :D

Steve

What happened was I have not seen the arms in about 6 months and JC put them on, then I asked about the sway bar...

I looked at the pics from PA Racing. I got the a-arms that let you retain the stock perches they show a mounting tab that looks to me like the end-link for the sway bar.

Steve - you x-cross your car, no? Isn't the handling poor without the swaybar? I know for racing it would actually be desireable to not have the swaybar, but I'm concerned about street and highway driving.

Thanks!

No I dont autocross, just drag race and drive the hell out of it. I put anywhere from 500-1000 miles a month(sometimes more if there's an event far away or the weather is nice)and to tell you the truth it's not all that bad without a front sway bar. In fact I've removed the sway bar from the last 3 cars I've raced, including my old TTA so I guess I'm used to driving without one. Then again I'm not into throwing the car into a turn at triple digit speeds.

But scince we each have different opinions on what is acceptable the only way to know if it will work for you is to try it. I'd still make sure you have the mounts on the arms before driving it so incase there's a problem you can exchange them with PA for the right arms. Only way to know is to try and put it together.

Steve

I agree Steve... thanks for the info. The car is up with Paul Thompson now getting a new rear wing and paint, so when it comes back to Agawam I'll have to take a close look. I was almost sure it had them because I ordered the k-member and a-arms with the stock perches and I was almost positive I asked the PA Racing guy about retaining the swaybar.

Back