You can type here any text you want

PAC 1201s, .516 lift and stock rockers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpwalt1987

Hey guys, I have my customers car back for a dead cylinder that I believe is a headgasket. How it popped I dont know(18psi and alky, zero knock). I havent taken it apart all the way but I am definitely getting compression fumes out of the breather behind the turbo. I have the rocker arms off of the passenger side and noticed the tips of the valve stems have some strange wear. This motor has about 500 miles on it with Valvoline VR1 10W30. These are brand new Champion CNC iron heads.
Basically the question is, is this too much spring for the stock rocker arms and a 206/210 full throttle speed roller cam? The rocker arms look great with the usual shiny spot from the valve stem tip. I dont want to use roller rockers if I dont have to. I would like to keep the stock valve covers. I had good oil to the top of the motor when I primed it with a drill. It seems that the factory splash oiling for the valve stem tips is just not enough when using high lift cams and hi pressure springs. I thought about making some spray bars to squirt oil directly on the stem tips. Any thoughts or suggestions.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When I bought my heads from Tom at Champion he recommended roller rockers with the PAC1201 but did say some guys have run them with stock rockers. Like you I didn't want to run a set of rollers so I opted for the comp 26918 beehives which have a lower spring rate and thought I would give it a go and so far so good. One day I will get around to getting a set of T&Ds as in the back of my mind I just feel like the stockers will give up the ghost one day. I am using the Weber hold-downs and wouldn't attempt a roller cam without a new set of hold downs. I'm also interested to hear if anyone has been running the 1201s for a good amount of time with the stock rockers.

What cam are you running? We do have HD shafts and rocker braces from RJC. If I have to down grade the spring I will.

Comp 206/206 at 0.496" lift so not too much smaller than yours.

Yours is a 206 roller right?

Back