You can type here any text you want

Package deal 86&87 Gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tom j

I would like to not separate and sell as a package deal. I just don’t have the time with 4 kids and a wife in school full time while I am working a lot of hours, 60 plus hours a week. The 86’ GN has 61,xxx miles the interior is in great shape the only minus is that the headliner just started to sag this past winter. The body has some minor rust around the wheel well on both sides (Minor) and it also needs bumper fillers as for the paint it has the average nicks and scratches but still looks good from 10 feet. The engine has only 1,000 miles at the most and has the following, 4.1L, J&E pistons, ersen cam, BMS rods, girdle block, steal mains, stock crank .010 under on both mains & rods, P&P stock heads done by dutweiler, oringed block, Ported stock intake, Accufab upper intake and throttle body, 50 lb. injectors, precision turbo front mount, TE 69 turbo (850 HP) with 2 exhaust housings .63 & .88 , alkycontrol pac, turbo tweak chip, Translator and maf, TH 3 inch downpipe, turbo smart controller not installed yet, poston headers, transmission was done by Jimmy’s transmission in IL. who has a great reputation in the buick community the converter is a vigilante 3400 stall, aluminium rear drums also has after market lower control arms (not sure which ones) The ac and heater box are removed also has vacume brakes. I bought the long block from Jim Rome last summer who went 10.50’s on a fat tune http://turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35369 check out his post. Also has directscan and labtop.
The 87’ GN I just purchased a few weeks ago and have not touched it. I can say that is one of cleanest ones that I have seen check out this post
http://turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48968
I can email pics on request

$16,000

so the headgasket leaks on the '87 (basically needs immediate replacement)?

how streetable are the two cars - gas mileage?

Marklar,
There fine on the street they both have 50lb inj. and still have the 2004r trans, but the 87' needs to be fixed, but it is the nicer of the two cars the 86' is steared more racing also the 86' I did not run an exhaust just downpipe

If the 87' doesn't sell soon I am going to part it out and sell the rolling chassis on ebay, Here is an idea of parts to start with

Heads:
Stock port matched
1.77” 1.50” SS Manley valves
Crower 80lb valve springs
ARP Pro Head bolts
Intake:
Stock ported Intake
62mm throttle body
Induction system:
TE-51 turbo w/.63 PTE exhaust and polished compressor housing
Charged Air Systems V4 stretch stock location intercooler
High Boost Adjustable waste gate actuator
3" BGC chrome MAF pipe
LS1 3.5" MAF Sensor with Translator
9” K&N with 3.5" inlet air filter
K&N valve cover breathers
Chrome up-pipe with sneeze valve
Chrome turbo cover
ATR Cyclops air dam
Fuel system:
Walbro GSS 340m in tank fuel pump
Casper Electronics fuel pump hot wire
Accufab billet aluminum fuel pressure regulator
MSD 50lb fuel injectors
Ignition system:
Accel Coil
Exhaust system:
Stock ceramic-coated headers
Terry Houston 3” down pipe
3” test pipe with dump tube
ATR Stainless Steel 2 ½” dual exhaust
ATR 2 ½” aluminized Pit Bull Mufflers
Cooling system:
Stock cooling fan with resistor by-passed
160 thermostat
B&M transmission cooler
Transmission:
BRF TH200R-4
Stock D5 torque converter
Hardened stator
Stock clutches with extra clutch
B&M Transpack
GM Front frame braces
BGC Rear seat braces
Jay’s GN Front fender braces
BstC Boost Command in-car boost controller
Extender Chip
Tuning and monitoring equipment:
Scanmaster II scan tool
Mini tach
VDO 30lb boost gauge
VDO oil pressure gauge
VDO temperature gauge
VDO voltage gauge

I would really like to sell as an whole car
Make offer!

Tom so how much do you think you would like. P/m if you would like.Thanks Tony
Also send me your Phone number I would like to talk over the phone.Thanks

Parts Needed!!

If you decide to part it out, These are the parts I would like to be first in line for. I understand everything is used..

1) ATR 2 1/2" dual exhaust
2) Stock ceramic coated headers and crossover
3) Accufab FPR
4) Caspers hot wire kit
5) Chrome turbo shield
6) 62mm Throttlebody
7) BSTC boost controller

Please let me know something soon, Scot w.

Scott W, PM me an offer and I will let you in a day or two, there might be a few people interested in the whole car, but if I get enough people interested in some parts I am going to go that route

I just fail to comprehend how someone could consider parting out such a nice GN. :confused: I know there's potential to make decent money but geeze!

That is why someone should buy it soon, I don't want to part it out and I will hold off as long as possible

are you going to part out the 86 or sell as a whole what would you want for it and if your parting it out how much for the complete engine and wiring harness? You can email me at jeremyrace@comcast.net Thanks

Back