You can type here any text you want

Pads & Rotors for LS-1 brake swap?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
Im getting the final pieces together for my conversion. Been putting it together for a while.

What pads & rotors are you guys running? I'd like something that will last a while, perform well; and help keep my GTA's clean...:o:mad:

Been looking at the EBC Sport dimpled/slotted rotors. Little over $200 for the pair, but it's cheaper than sheetmetal. Also need a recommendation on pads.

Was considering a top shelf parts store brand?

Will be using reman calipers and new hardware. Upgrading to stainless braided lines as well.

Any help appreciated.

Scott

Im getting the final pieces together for my conversion. Been putting it together for a while.

What pads & rotors are you guys running? I'd like something that will last a while, perform well; and help keep my GTA's clean...:o:mad:

Been looking at the EBC Sport dimpled/slotted rotors. Little over $200 for the pair, but it's cheaper than sheetmetal. Also need a recommendation on pads.

Was considering a top shelf parts store brand?

Will be using reman calipers and new hardware. Upgrading to stainless braided lines as well.

Any help appreciated.

Scott

Here's my experience .. I purchased mid grade pads from Autozone. They were around $45 a set for fronts. They really wouldn't stop the car. They did not seem to grip the rotors and were totally unsatisfactory. I decided to go with the Hawk pads which I paid on sale at the time, close to $150 for all four corners. The GN stops great. When I did the conversion on my T, the Hawks were going to cost me around $180. I decided to take a chance on the cheapest pads at Advance Auto parts. Around $50 all the way around. I am pleased with their performance. I don't think they're as good as the Hawks, but they are infinitely better than the Autozone units I initially purchased. Dust? I can't say.

On rotors, my opinion of slotted or drilled is just an appearance thing more than anything else for TRs. I only bought rear rotors new for under $90 and used the j/y units on the front. :)

Check out Akebono pads-about $70. -this is what Lexus uses-i have them on my van and love them-quiet,no dust and stop on a dime.-will be getting them for my two gns soon.

I have the ls1 stuff too and I run the NAPA Ceramix a carbon ceramic mix. Stops better then my rx7 with 4-pistons op front and 1000lbs lighter. Never see brake dust either. ever.

I did the cheepies discs at o'rielies I also want the EBC stuff too. But I'll wait until I go with the AFX spindles so I can go with the corvette discs.
HTH

Back