You can type here any text you want

Paging all Powerlogger experts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The rail gauges are notoriously inaccurate for a couple different reason. The main one is that they are cheap little mass produced gauges that aren't verified.

As far as the liquid filled gauges they are worse due to temp under hood temp swings. The gauge doesn't actually read pressure. It reads how much MORE pressure there is than atmospheric. It's real name is PSIG (the 'g' stands for 'gauge'). With a sealed front face the reference pressure can be artificially raised with heat. That will give an false reading as the measuring equipment in this case isn't operated in the right conditions. As the sealed cavity heats up the gauge will thing atmospheric pressure just increased.

Unless you get a calibrated liguid pressure guage that cost hundreds of dollars, they all seem to have about 2% +/- accuracy. A 100 psi guage could be off by 2 psi. That spec is true for test gages too. I view it as a base line but not a hard fact. Set it and calibrate your transducer to match. You can then monitor the pressure response and air/fuel ratios. Adjust as needed.

I had been battling the same exact issue . Replaced whole fuel system with new walbro 430 pump and new larger lines . Problem went away . Now I'm having a issue with the TPS not going over 3. V wot . I used the 5v power from the TPS to power fuel transducer . I am in the middle of checking the 5v from the ECM . Also all my connections where not soldered . The acufab fpr I rebuilt and has been fine ever since. Of course I didn't discover the TPS issue till I was on a Dyno :-( car would not go past 5k .attached is my weird Dyno sheet . I believe the Dyno was set up completely wrong . 343 hp ?? and 640tq ??? . Sorry to high jack . But would check for 5v from ECM ,fuse able links , ect
Bringing this old thread back as i'm curious if you ever figured out the tps issue ?

Back