You can type here any text you want

Paging all Powerlogger experts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Anyone have an idea of the time period the design change was implemented with the A-F regulator? :unsure:

Interesting Steve...

Have you ever switched regulators car to car?

Rick

I wish I had! I will try it when the weather breaks that's for sure.

I had noticed the fuel pressure behavior before but hadn't thought too much of it. That was before I checked out this thread.

The car with the accufab used to have stock fuel lines on it. Back then the fuel pressure control really was a whole lot worse. I tried a stock type regulator on it back then but it didn't help. After switching it to larger lines it got better (what you see here). Maybe trying a stock type regulator on it now will yield some good results.

Would be interesting to see if the 237 has enough flow to not be a bottle neck for the return with the bigger pumps people are now using. I am not really satisfied with my Accufab. For $50 off Ebay it's worth giving the 237 a shot if the pressure would be steady.

From what I can tell, the Accufab unit has had a great reputation all these years..... When there was no powerlogger to track how choppy the pressure regulation is. Now that anybody with a PL and a transducer can witness how crappy the pressure is, I have feeling they won't be as well liked as time goes by.

Granted, that's just what I've seen with my own two eyes.

From what I can tell, the Accufab unit has had a great reputation all these years..... When there was no powerlogger to track how choppy the pressure regulation is. Now that anybody with a PL and a transducer can witness how crappy the pressure is, I have feeling they won't be as well liked as time goes by.

Granted, that's just what I've seen with my own two eyes.
Agreed. The ability to log fp is also the reason many cars are not blown up, and going faster than ever. The real question in my mind is: What variation of fp is acceptable based on the hp level? :confused:

It's always going to chatter a little due to intake pulses. The amount the accufab like to move, is a little much.

Is that because the diaphram is bigger on the accufab or just QC

When discussing pressure relief, there will always be pulsing. The variations can be greatly reduced by sizing, and tech. People spend their careers on this subject. That is however a whole different thread and has little to do with original PL.

Safe to say the Bosch regulators were developed and tuned on system benches with several engineers and technicians involved. Not to mention durability tested too.

Aftermarket stuff usually is not.....

I'm eager to swap mine around and see what happens. I hate snow.

Thanks for posting Steve. My intent is to post back to back logs showing the difference is between the Accufab and the Kirban unit, once it arrives. What are your smoothing settings set to in the logs you posted? For now, I have everything turned to "None" but if I bumped it up to "Heavy," the line would certainly smooth out.

Thanks for posting Steve. My intent is to post back to back logs showing the difference is between the Accufab and the Kirban unit, once it arrives. What are your smoothing settings set to in the logs you posted? For now, I have everything turned to "None" but if I bumped it up to "Heavy," the line would certainly smooth out.

Set for medium on both configs.

FWIW, looking at Google image results...Kirban regulators look as though they have a larger seat area that is proportionate to the sealing surface, whereas Accufab regulators (the old design) have a more disproportionate seating surface. Also, the diaphragm material in the Kirban regulators is multilayered and thicker. I can only theorize, but if Kirban and/or Bosch regulators work better, maybe it is because of the more sturdy diaphragm and better seal of the seat area. I'm not even gonna bother with the new ball-seat Accufab anymore. Every time I throw it on the car, fuel pressure bleeds off instantaneously at key off.
20140208_122158.jpg

Don't mean to hijack, but I have to ask a legitimate question on this subject. Who cares or why does it matter if our fuel pressure bleeds down at key off? The pump primes anyway. As long as your regulator holds desired pressure during operation, it really shouldn't matter right?

Don't mean to hijack, but I have to ask a legitimate question on this subject. Who cares or why does it matter if our fuel pressure bleeds down at key off? The pump primes anyway. As long as your regulator holds desired pressure during operation, it really shouldn't matter right?
I believe it matters if you shut down and your fuel pressure bleeds down fast you might have one of your fuel injector is leaking

I believe it matters if you shut down and your fuel pressure bleeds down fast you might have one of your fuel injector is leaking
I guess I should've worded more carefully. Understood on an injector leaking, but who cares if the regulator bleeds the pressure down.

Kirban FPR arrived. Raining yet again, so no time for logging. Video speaks for itself:

Back