You can type here any text you want

Paint Job Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nick368

General Question:

I'm looking at repainting my 87 GN and need some help. I live in Tampa FL. The car has the original paint on it from 87 and I would need to strip it down, sand it and then repaint. How much am I looking at to do a very good job?

How many coats of black do you suggest?

Any special paint suggestions and/or different shades of black that stand out better?

For example I have an 04 GTO as well, and the Phantom Black paint on that is more dull than other brilliant blacks I've seen on cars.

Thank you in advance for your help

Nick

General Question:

I'm looking at repainting my 87 GN and need some help. I live in Tampa FL. The car has the original paint on it from 87 and I would need to strip it down, sand it and then repaint. How much am I looking at to do a very good job?

Any special paint suggestions and/or different shades of black that stand out better?

For example I have an 04 GTO as well, and the Phantom Black paint on that is more dull than other brilliant blacks I've seen on cars.

Nick
i think the person to talk to would be "REDREGAL1@wmconnect.com"John,he is local and does great work(from what ive heard from many)he would be your best bet..

General Question:

i'm no expert body shop guy but , i saw the way they sanded down my car but not all the way off they applied 3 coats of base paint and then 3-or 4 coats of clear coat , not sure if they used primer ? pretty sure they did, i used dupont as far as paint goes the paint was good but the clear coat makes a world of difference. hope this helps, have you seen my pics? of my paint job?

Attachments

• Picture 422.jpg
    Picture 422.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 370
  • Picture 421.jpg
    Picture 421.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 364
i think the person to talk to would be "REDREGAL1@wmconnect.com"John,he is local and does great work(from what ive heard from many)he would be your best bet..

He lives in Z-hills and can second the quality of work he does. I recall him saying something along the lines he only does first rate work so I would expect to pay for it.

second that

i have seen his work and it is first rate....if i did not already have a restoration shop picked out.....unreal quality work... in clearwater iwould take my car to john....
btw...a good black paint job is not gonna be cheap....
my car is nice with original paint and i am looking at about 6k....

See this putz above? He used to hang with some of us TR guys in the area. He acted, as a friend. I broke my motor at the track one day, so he sells me a totally worthless short-block. Before I did anything with the motor, I discovered the misrepresentation, and when I told him about it, instead of making it good, he fell off the end of the earth and wouldn't answer his phone. I exposed him locally, for cheating me, and he's basically a pariah in the TR community here. Everybody knows, he's mentally unstable. This happened about 10 years ago, and this tub of $hit still tries to f*** with me. I don't see him around or speak to, or about him, so you can see he's nuts. He not only posts under the username, "knucklehead", which by the way, is an apt description, but he also posts under damngoldcar also. The guy's a total basket case and speaks out of childish jealousy.

As far as autopainting, my work speaks for itself. Ask anybody who's seen my Grand National and there's many, many, who have. I'll put it up against anyone's. I'm not looking for paintwork, so that's not my point posting here. I don't appreciate my reputation being skewered by a ****en immature mental case.

Thankyou, those of you who know me, for recommending my work. I appreciate it, but you see how some liar can just say anything they want, to cause confusion.

Anybody who does business with this moron, deserves what he gets.

HEy man, I didnt know you painted? very cool! Do registered republicans get a discount :D I am going to be doing mine soon as well. Need to find a shop. I will tow it to Fl if I have to :D

HEy man, I didnt know you painted? very cool! Do registered republicans get a discount :D I am going to be doing mine soon as well. Need to find a shop. I will tow it to Fl if I have to :D

Well, it would be a lot easier for you if you can find a local shop who does nice work. You must be careful though. ;)

hey num nutz!!! i have no clue what u are talking about. i just moved here from out of state . got this info from guys who have delt with u from out side of florida a_ _ hole!! (PAINTED STEERING WHEELS) And yes i do know who u are talking about
(GREAT GUY) KNOWS HIS STUFF! so when we wheel by u on the street.
go home open your hood and look at all the crap u put under there. OH!!! WHY DONT U JUST ADD A (FLUXCOMPASATOR) NEXT. THAT MIGHT WORK!!

hey num nutz!!! i have no clue what u are talking about. i just moved here from out of state . got this info from guys who have delt with u from out side of florida a_ _ hole!! (PAINTED STEERING WHEELS) And yes i do know who u are talking about
go home open your hood and look at all the crap u put under there. OH!!! WHY DONT U JUST ADD A (FLUXCOMPASATOR) NEXT. THAT MIGHT WORK!!

I'm talkin about you, you degenerate. You're a liar and an F****** idiot, Larry coffey alias knucklehead, alias damnblackcar, alias damngoldcar.

What the FFFFFFFFF is with this guy, John???????

And Nick, I looked John's car over really good when he was up here for our gathering in Celebration. And he does damned fine work, friggin beautiful. (Even if he does have poor taste in wheels_ ;) )

:confused:

What the FFFFFFFFF is with this guy, John???????

And Nick, I looked John's car over really good when he was up here for our gathering in Celebration. And he does damned fine work, friggin beautiful. (Even if he does have poor taste in wheels_ ;) )

I strongly resemble that! :D

Back