You can type here any text you want

Paint jobs if you want one!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

For those of you who attended the meet, you know how my turned out!! Very good job. Herman sais $2000 to make yours look like mine, as long as the car is pretty much straight! I just wanted to help the TB community out so I am giving you the info. Here is his number 309-292-7601. Let him know that I sent you. He will do an awesome job! -------Jeremy

jdpolzin said:
For those of you who attended the meet, you know how my turned out!! Very good job. Herman sais $2000 to make yours look like mine, as long as the car is pretty much straight! I just wanted to help the TB community out so I am giving you the info. Here is his number 309-292-7601. Let him know that I sent you. He will do an awesome job! -------Jeremy

That the best he can do? I know yours wasnt that much ;) . But I'll certainly keep him in mind.

Hey guys, I'm new to TB.com and I was just wondering how this guy is able to do a complete job for $2000. I'm a paint and body guy myself, I did a GN last summer and the material alone cost me $1000. I know I had almost 80 hours into the car, I start out by blocking the whole car down, spraying a coat of DP90LF epoxy primer to make sure the materials hold to the original paint. Then I spray 3 coats of K38 high build primer, block the whole car again with 400 grit paper, next I use NCS2005 epoxy sealer, after the sealer dries I nib sand the whole car, then apply 3 coats of black paint, followed by 3 coats of PPG 2021 clear. I wait a couple days for the solvents to completely dry out and then I sand the clear down with 1500, followed by 2000 grit paper to achieve the mirror finish people want. After sanding I buff the whole car and glaze it. I've done a lot of cars and bikes in the past few years that have won trophys for the paint jobs so I know what I'm doing. I usually charge minimum of $3000, and my jobs are laser straight with a mirror finish,so I'm wondering how he can do it for $2000. I'm sure he does great work but it seems like he is doing the job for free, I know if I'm away from my family doing work it better make me some money.

My materials were $400 including satin black spray for the bezels and trim. He sanded, primed, checked for low and high spots, primed again, sanded and checked for spots until the car was straight. Then sprayed it, sanded, cleared, sanded, cleared again, sanded, cleared one more time then sanded up to 2500 grit. Then put the windows, bumpers, trim, new seals, etc. back on the car. Car looks fantastic. He did it for much less than $2000 for me but I have a good hook up. He will do another car similar to mine for $2000. Give him a shout or e-mail me for any more questions. ------Jeremy

Two grand sounds like a nice deal. I know there are shops out there that cant get the price down for one reason or another. I am sure they do great work but for someone that just wants the car to be one color so people will stop asking how the paint got so messed up then getting a $10,000 paintjob is just not feasable. I got my car painted just for that reason last spring, It was chemically stripped, all dents fixed, primed, sanded, painted. I know the paint is not sprayed thick but it looks a million times better than it did and it cost me less than two grand to get it done.

I will support the best paint guy I can find when I am ready to get that show job done but for now, the guy that painted the car did it because he liked it and I have passed a lot of business his way since then. I guess what I am saying is, if your looking for a paintjob to spiff the car the up then by all means go to the best deal (I did) and if your looking for a fantastic, show quality job then hold out or dont expect that kind of work for under $2,500.

This is what my car looked like after the paint, polish, and installation of new emblems.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 222
nice looking car!! My car is actually in very very nice condition. There were some issues like using the wrong screw in the wrong places, he did an excellent job though. He painted mine for a great price and I am definately happy with the car!

Back