Paint to match interior

pvtpilot

2LT USAF
I'm looking for a good paint to airbrush a new a-pillar I got for my 87 GN. What paints and colors have you all used?? If its mixed what colors were used in the mix?? TIA.

Almost any body and paint supply shop or larger auto parts supply store can mix the paint you are looking for. Of course, you'll need your paint codes and it is usually best to bring in a piece you are trying to match as the paint can be mixed to three gloss levels.

SEM vinyl & plastic color spray # 15163 Presidio. (spray cans) Is the closest I think anyone has found for our cars. You also need the plastic prep and sand free primer. Did the interior of my car and it came out great. I believe Eastwood sells it

John

I called a place that mixes paint for cars and they said they could put the paint I need into a spray can for me. I am wondering how many different shades of gray there is in my GN as you can look at the a-pillar trim and see that it's a different shade than say the glove box. Maybe I can bring a sample as was reccomended.

I will report back with how it goes.

Kirbans sells interior trim paint.He sells grey,blue and maroon.Ive used the grey it works great.Even says Buick GN grey on the label on the can.Part#6822 $15.95 Kind of pricey but cheaper than trying a couple cheap brands that dont match.I've also tried the kind Postons sells and didnt like it.Clean parts good first.I use dish soap and water.Anything thats had armor all on it can be tough to paint.Runs,fisheyes etc. Kirbans (215)766-1611
www.kirbanperformance.com

I got a quart of off a local paint shop. I bought down a pice of my interior trim and the "scanned" is to get an exact match. Painted my console and it was right on the money. They said they could do cans but I'd have to buy around a dozen cans.

I also found plasticote make a dye called Charcoal gray. Found it at Advanced Auto.