You can type here any text you want

Pan hard bar on stock 4 link

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just wondering why you'd want to? Properly set up a 4 link will keep the rear in place. Now if you're going to remove 1 of the upper links or switch to the GNX style suspension then it would be worth it.

I still get a little side to side even though all my stuff it new. Just too much power. :p

Then you might look at a watts link instead. It keeps the rear fully centered and a panhard bar will move the rear side to side slightly as it goes up and down.

a panhard bar would just add another thing to bind up in a suspension setup that already binds up.
now if you go with a single link up top and make it into a 3 link it might be a good idea..

I have the complete DSE rear suspension under my car and less than a 1/4" clearance between the tires and frame rails on each side and even after auto-crossing the car for several years now there is absolutely no rubbing from side to side movement. Maybe some cars are different, maybe some parts are different not really sure but mine does not move side to side!

Not sure if it's side to side or front to back. Right after I lift from wot, I can feel something is just a little sloppy.

Just like the engine must have the proper combination of parts and supporting items for the desired performance level, this is also very true for the suspension as well. All the parts must work together in harmony for the desired results.

Trying to combine straight line performance with auto-crossing will compromise both performance goals.

I have set up many Regals for strip, straight line use, and they are also very streetable, but can be "touchy".

For example many guys want the best product and put Bilstien shocks on their car. These are too stiff for optimum street/strip performance.

Springs also fall into this category as wanting a lowered look is not a help for straight line performance.

One GNX I worked on had the stock suspension removed, and it was returned to stock GN parts as it works much better for the strip as a regular Regal 4 link set up.

Hard to say what is amiss in your set up, but my basically stock suspension is rock steady when I let of the gas at 140 MPH?

Another comment is that we do not like or use poly bushing in the rear as they are actually too stiff, and do not comply well through the suspension travel. Our 4 link has the top arms not parallel to the car centerline, so it is actually in a bind during much of its travel.

We eliminate this issue be installing a spherical joint at one end of the upper arms.

I appreciate all the info Nick.

My car has allot of upgrades in the rear suspension. Spherical upper bushings being one..

RL

Back