Parachute mounting

Tony Shoaff

I am getting ready to buy a parachute and mounting kit. Do any vendors sell a mounting kit or does anyone have a suggestion or pictures so I can build one? I am going to buy the lighter weight Simpson chute. Does everyone use a cable release or something else? Thank You:cool:

I am getting ready to buy a parachute and mounting kit. Do any vendors sell a mounting kit or does anyone have a suggestion or pictures so I can build one? I am going to buy the lighter weight Simpson chute. Does everyone use a cable release or something else? Thank You:cool:

You pretty much have to fab it up yourself. I bought a stroud chute, all brackets and release cable from A.R.T.

Here is how mine is. I copied it from Dave Rolands(turbodave231) car :D.

HTH,
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 388
We're making our own as well. Post pics when you get started on the project.

Will do. Not sure when I will get started? Without a motor, the only reason I would need a parachute is when I push the car off a cliff and change my mind before it hits the ground. LOL.

I bought the frame and attachment bar from Summit. It will need to be welded up and I have been dragging my feet getting it installed. I also need to get a Stroud 430 chute.
Jeff