paradise-road Rims

nickygn23

Is anybody running these rims? I think there called X Series. Pictures and sizes. I'm considering these. Tell me what you think about them.

Attachments

• grand-nationalGrandNational.jpg
    grand-nationalGrandNational.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 511
  • GN Wheels.jpg
    GN Wheels.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 1,116
First time I've seen these, they look like a bad, cheap, chinese knock-off of the originals. And the center caps, ooh, eh-eh! Maybe go with the tasteful, GNX style instead? But that's just my opinion.

Those are the Budnik GN reproductions. Paradise is only a distributor for Budnik. I think they look great in 15". If you do a search on here you will see several members have used that wheel. Mike Barnard (SPOOLFOOL) worked with Budnik to have the wheels made.

I'm not a huge rim guy but I think these look ok. Not to mention with those you could put a much bigger rotor and caliper combo under them. Now who wouldn't want better braking. I'll search more. Thanks guys.

Some of the best looking aftermarket wheels on a GN IMO. I had to choose between aftermarket aluminum GN rims or spending more than double on those. Still question if I should have just saved for them.

V, I also like those aluminum rims because you can get them in bigger sizes. Don't get me wrong, I love the original rims that came on our cars. Its just that you can't fit better ,bigger more modern calipers and rotor combo under the 15 inch Grand National rims. On the other hand those Budnik rims look somewhat original and you can get them in like 17's just like the aluminum rims you have. They both look good but I guess the only reason I'm considering this is for better braking. By the way that link you posted on that restoration was awesome.

V, I also like those aluminum rims because you can get them in bigger sizes. Don't get me wrong, I love the original rims that came on our cars. Its just that you can't fit better ,bigger more modern calipers and rotor combo under the 15 inch Grand National rims. On the other hand those Budnik rims look somewhat original and you can get them in like 17's just like the aluminum rims you have. They both look good but I guess the only reason I'm considering this is for better braking. By the way that link you posted on that restoration was awesome.

Thanks man! If you pull the trigger on them keep us posted ( me) so I...errr, I mean we, can drool over them!

The pic of just the wheel I believe is the Budnick reproduction wheel and they look great.

The one's pictured on the car are NOT Budnik's and they are just plain ol' ugly.

The pic of just the wheel I believe is the Budnick reproduction wheel and they look great.

The one's pictured on the car are NOT Budnik's and they are just plain ol' ugly.
I agree. That car looks hideous. Made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Yeah for the record, I like the Budniks. The other pic it looks like someone is trying to knock them off.

image.jpeg
I run them and love my wheels. They are Budniks and I worked with them to make the changes you see on my car.

Thank you for the compliments. The first style did not appeal to me and had some changes made. The wheels are 18x8 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear. No frame notch or fender lip rolling. It is a tight fit but they fit. I run a 28 tall 275 radial and they hook well for the size of the wheel.

Thank you for the compliments. The first style did not appeal to me and had some changes made. The wheels are 18x8 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear. No frame notch or fender lip rolling. It is a tight fit but they fit. I run a 28 tall 275 radial and they hook well for the size of the wheel.