You can type here any text you want

Parking Brake Cable Coupler?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VtheGNMan

Can someone shoot a picture of the parking brake cable coupler where the front cable joins to the back cable? Not the free hanging bracket that joins the 2 rear axle cables but where the front cable from the parking brake pedal attaches to and connects to the cable coming from the rear of the car. Should be under the drivers side door.
Just cannot find a picture of this and no vendors seem to sell this coupler. I'm sure I could come up with something if I knew what it looked like.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

ACDelco GM Original Equipment 15714661

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222077474325?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
$_32.JPG

Thanks Vader! I'd still like to see it in place if someone could but this gives me what I need and where to get it!

I will take photos tonight when I get home. I will post here as well as text.

Thanks George. Photos to my phone are hit and miss so just go ahead and post up here and don't worry about texting them. Thanks!

It can be a pain in the Arse to get the cables in there. They do make a tool IF needed....
m_1451439829278.jpg

Good to know! I have the coupler ordered so will try to get it all tied together when I get it.
Another question though. The front cable from the pedal has a long spring on the end that would tie into this coupling. Where is that spring going or pressing against to give it tension???

Attachments

• Front spring.jpg
    Front spring.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 63
Word to the wise don't use the couplers in the help section. Get the Acdelco ones they work much better the aftermarket ones are way too tight and break if you force them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the spring and spring cup assembled. The spring cup has a slot in the side to put it on the cable, the spring goes inside the cup to keep it centered and locked on the cable.
image.jpeg

There is a nub crimped on the cable that keeps the spring cup in place and the spring compressed.
image.jpeg

Back