You can type here any text you want

parking brake removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
FRONT CABLE! this is all i got left as far as I can tell besides disconnecting a couple ac lines and zipping the body bolts out. What's the easiest way to get it out of the car? Does the nut on the cable adjusting bracket have to come all the way off? My haynes manual is kinda hit and miss on this ( no pics either:frown: ) I'm thinking maybe I can take the three bolts off the pedal assembly and get if off that way. Never had good luck with dealing with these cables cause I'm retarded when it comes to them, but I can do everything else when it comes to brakes with my eyes closed drunk. So I'm ata stand still until this cable gets undone.

engage parking brake brake
using needle nose vise grips grab the cable wher it comes out of the casing at the back top of pedal assembly so it wont retract (dont squish it hard)
release pedal and slide cable end off at the pedal connection
unclip the cable to the dash release handle
unbolt the pedal assembly
depress the thin tabs at the front cable clip where it comes into the pedal assembly , theres 3 tabs so you need to do some wiggling while pulling on it and pushing the tabs in

thats it

Thanks:cool: . Kinda figured that was the easy way. SHould have some more pics of "rusty" up at the end of the week for who all is interested.

Back