You can type here any text you want

Parking brake with Moser c-clip elim?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

Having an issue with the spreader bar. The car has the bigger s10 cylinders. The brake cylinders are very close to the eliminator block, which is preventing the bar to fit inbetween. Anyone run into this before? If the car had the smaller stock cylinders, it looks like it might fit. The spreader bar probably doesn't move back and forth, so maybe getting it to fit snuggly may be ok?

It's been a long time since I put mine in but I seem to remember grinding on that bar to get it to clear. Same setup with s-10 cylinders.

John

It's been a long time since I put mine in but I seem to remember grinding on that bar to get it to clear. Same setup with s-10 cylinders.

John

Thanks for the reply! It does look like some grinding may solve the prob. It's not my car so I don't want to take any chances at compromising the brake's safety :eek:

How about bending it? Isn't it by a peak in the top center of the eliminator? Maybe I bent mine and thinned it down. It's kind of coming back to me but like I said it's been about three years.

John

I remember mine being very close but it did all fit. Same setup with S10 cylinders. I'll try to find a pic...

Well this may not help much, but at least it shows the bearing block relative to the hole for the wheel cylinder... This one was very very close but it did go together, just enough room between the cylinder and the bearing bock. The only grinding I did was on the backing plate in order to get the bearing block flush, and I may have slightly bent the brake spreader bar to get it in there.

flush1.jpg

Thanks guys! A little grinding and a slight bend and everything fits:D

Back