part # for exhaust gasket needed!

oyvindbl

I am in desperate need of an exhaust gasket for the exhaust outlet on my turbo. My parts dealer can't find the part #. The car is a stock 1979 Regal Sport Coupe with a stock 3.8 ltr turbo engine. I have just replaced the turbo and need the gasket to get it back on the road.

If anybody have any good ideas on how to get this lazy car to get faster I would really appreciate it. It is dead up to 35 mph, but from ther and up to appr 95 mph it seems to be OK (but not impressive).

I think that you are talking about the down pipe to turbo doughnut. If so it's :

Quoted from B4Black's site:
. All RWD Turbo V6's use the same seal, from 1978 to 1987. It is GM part number 1262500, Group 3.611. All Rivieras use GM # 25504003. This part is NOT Turbo, or even V6, specific. Local parts stores should carry it, but bring in the old one to match it up. If you tell them what it is for, they will give you the old "Dealer-Only" line.

Check out his site, it's got some great info...Welcome aboard
Jim

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/

It's also part of the kit from Fel-pro:

TURBOCHARGER GASKET/SEAL KIT- FEL-PRO has a turbo mounting gasket kit that has the following gaskets: Downpipe/Elbow Seal, EGR valve, EGR chamber to intake and plenum (x2), Plenum to turbo compressor, turbo compressor to manifold, and oil pan drain connector. The complete kit number is ES 72507 (1978-83 year) and was picked up at my local auto parts store for $19.44. "We found it looking through a new FP catalog. It was not in their computer." Thanks to Trent - Buicksandrail on TB.com.

If the car is "lazy", first thing I would check are ALL the vacuum lines:
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/vac79abfed.JPG
(this is the "federal" diagram for the most US cars. I'm not sure if exports used the same)

Thanks a lot! You have just saved my week!
I haven't had this car for so long. I bought it 1 1/2 months ago, but on my way home the Turbo bearings was ruined ( the oil line was full of burned oil), so I had to import a new one from US. Turbocity gave me a GREAT service, and I ended up with a replacement turbo for half the price of what an exchange would cost here. Since then I have had to try to get parts. But it has been cheaper to import the parts from US, and then it takes some time!

Thanks guys!