part # for original '86 GN window sticker

window sticker

Hi Anthony.I called the dealer where I purchased my 87 gn and asked about the dealer invoice. They no longer have the records dating back to 1987. I then tried the phone number from a previous post of yours but never any answer. (This is for a canadian car.) Any other thoughts as to where I might get an accurate invoice price? Many thanks... Laurie

Hi Laurie,
I'm not sure why you don't get any answer. I wonder if they shut down for a period of time around the 4th of July like the assembly lines do? I looked up GM Media archives on-line and the info is still the same. Here is the link:

GM Media Online: English

having a Canadian car would not make any difference in researching the the dealer invoice. if you still can't get through next week, I'd try calling GM of Canada (800 GM DRIVE) and ask why you can't get through to the media archive folks. the media archives is the only source for the invoice that I know of; they look it up on the microfiche data records by VIN.

I just called the media archive # and it rang repeatedly with no automated phone tree answer. But then I would not expect to get anywhere on the 4th of July holiday. ( I was thinking I'd get the phone tree telling me that the offices are closed for the holiday, but that was not the case.) Sorry I don't have a better answer to give you or steer you to another source. Again, I'm guessing they are closed for the holiday time period?

window sticker

Thanks Anthony. I'll try getting in touch next week after the holiday weekend. Laurie.

gm media

Tried the telephone # again, same results as last week, even e-mailed them and no reply at this time. However I did get through to GM Vintage Vehicle Services in Ontario (1-888-467-6853) they have a package available for $57.75 (ouch ) which will have the information I'am looking for, supposed to have anywhere from 24-40 pages of information on an original vehicle... Laurie

Hi Laurie, Please fill us in on what information your packet contains. I had gotten use to paying $50 to GM Media Archives each time for just a copy of the original dealer invoice.

So for $58 and a bunch of pages that will hopefully have very useful info specific to your car sounds like a bargain. I had spoken with a fellow Buick owner at the '07 GS Nats who got a packet from GM Canada but it wasn't more that 4-5 pages, mainly listing the options and retail price of those options for his turbo buick.

Again, please let us know when you can. Thanks. -Anthony

vehicle information package

Upon checking with GM Canada, the package will include---option code list, original dealer, and technical information about the model year. This is for Canadian sold cars only, the package will vary from 20 - 40 pages for the $57.75 quoted earlier. For American sold cars, the package is more expensive, approximately $130 -- reason, the information on microfiche is not in order and must be searched manually. ... Laurie

For American sold cars, the package is more expensive, approximately $130 -- reason, the information on microfiche is not in order and must be searched manually

That is just BS. I've pestered GM and Buick for years on obtaining that info. I've offered to buy it and I've offered to lease it. My thinking is that anything printed on a build sheet and SPID label has had to been put on some type of modern data storing system at one time or another. In other words there must be some reels of tape hiding somewhere in storage. And at one time somebody in the Buick Motor Division, General Managers office agreed with me that this info was on tape. It must be top secret info because they wouldn't budge on letting me look at it. Microfiche? Not in VIN sequence? I know GM and this is not the way they ever did business. If I had the time and energy I'd try and negotiate a lifetime group buy deal for those of us posting on the boards. Way to go Buick.(insert finger smiley here):mad:

I ordered the info packet for a few of my cars. It was nice that they were able to identify a few of the dealerships and basically outline the options and quote a price.

However, they were not able to identify one of the dealerships and the packet was kind of generic for the amount of money that they charged. Basically about 3 pages of all of the options outlined and then a 34 page "photcopy" of what looks like a dealer order book showing what options where available and showing misc. pics such as the wheels, radios, seats, etc...

I too have been trying to make my current cars "complete" with all of the documentation I can find but I'm still working on it. I am happy to share what I have found (even though it's just for my cars) and/or contribute my info to whatever datatbase an interested party may wish to compile.

If nothing else, maybe we can add to or improve the "registry" that is currently in existence and try to get a better understanding of what is out there or maybe more accurately what is left...

You know I was just thinking that with the current economic condition as far as GM is concerned it might not be a bad idea to get your order in as soon as you can. One thing is certain. It aint going to get cheaper and who ever is doing the footwork on the GM side is probably on the short list for getting thier job cut if it gets any worst.:frown:

I tried calling Stacey to obtain a window sticker for my 84 GN and one number there was no answer and the other with extention was disconnected or no longer in service... Anybody have any current info on how to obtain the original dealer window stickers!! :confused:

sent a email to GM Media Archive and Stacy responded- so here is current info...

Stacy Lillard
GM Media Archive Vehicle Invoice & Cadillac Collections, Chevrolet Restoration Kits at Allied Vaughn
Detroit, MI p.734-462-5543 x.163
f.734-261-5216
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT GM Media Archive & -GM PhotoStore