You can type here any text you want

Part ID and mounting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mart u

Not stock anymore!
Hi all
It seems my memory is starting to slide. I have finished building my engine and now I am starting the last and final assembly, but I have come across a part that is neither marked or ID'ed and I am lost as far as where it goes or it's specific hook up.
It is a coolant/heater assm.. It consists of two thin walled pieces of tubing welded together 1/2 to 5/8 dia. 16in. long. Two small pipe nipples welded to one end. I think it mounts to the intake some how but I am at a lose as to how . I cannot find a diagram in my manual or on AllData.com.. This is foe a Hot Air with a 109 block. I am sure I will be doing this more often in the near future as this wraps up.
Thanks
Mart Urbanski
http://community.webshots.com/user/grandnat84

Sounds like it is for the trottle body heater. now I am not certain how or were it hooks up, but if you find were the lines hook up to in the cooling system, PLUG THEM. They suck all they are if for cold running for emisions. In turn heats throttle body durring all operation. bad bad. Good Luck

From looking at your pictures it looks like you are missing the passenger side Turbo Mounting Bracket. (Bolts into intake, and 2 studs from the turbo lay into it) Those lines screw onto the bracket and transfur coolent from the front of the intake to the heatercore.

I could send you some pictures tommorow if you would like!

Hope this helps,

I do have that heat shield/turbo mounting bracket on now, I did not at the time of the pics, I sure could use those pics Herb.
There must be one more small bracket to hold them. I'll keep trying.
Thanks
urbanm@iserv.net

There are 2 holes on the side of the bracket.....Correct?

There are 2 loops that go around the lines, and have a hole on the end of the loop. The lines are bolted/Hung from those holes.

This Picture may Help.....

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 48
Hope you guys had a good easter. Anyway, Steve great pics,Herb I was not able to view yours-no rights ? I do have the pipe mounted with the original brackets. So the firewall side goes into and out of the two heater hose connections on the firewall,and at least one of these have a control device on them correct? What about the front of engine ends? One to the waterpump, and one INTO the intake? Where does it Exit the intake and go to ? Are the small nipples for the throttel bady and should I cap them! I can try to blame some of this on my buddy who was standing at my side(a few steps back) asking" is it out yet, is it out yet! I am sure I will have more questions on different things as I go along. It sure is a great thing that there are people with the know how and attidude to help.
Thanks again
Mart

Got it! Sure does seem simply Now-after the hand hloding! Thanks guys. Just wait till I get to the tuning part I will get to use the Turbolink out for the first time! I'm not sure I want to fire it for the first time.
Thanks again
Mart

Back