You can type here any text you want

PAS Inc. Plant in the City of Industry, CA ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Anyone know the exact address in City of Industry CA where PAS build the engines and did the final quality control and tuning of the TTAs before shipping them to Pontiac's distribution center in LA. I know it was on Epperson Drive but anyone got an exact location on that street?

Plan on making a Field Trip? :D

:)

Well I've seen what became of the Van Nuys plant ... just went over some of my TTA stuff and had a look at Google to see what is out there and there's some 80.000 square feet warehouses looks like (PAS Inc. had a 40.000 square feet place) so was curious to see if anyone new the number of the building to see if I can pin point it ... but next time I'm out there I might do stop if I'm heading out to Pomona for the Swap meet or just some serious shopping at Ontario Mills :biggrin:

Was it on the East or West side of the street? Google maps only shows 2 warehouses/buildings on that street. I could get the addresss if you know which one it is. Google Maps

Jan,

If you come out this way PM me with your contact information and we'll have a beer and talk TTA.

Dave

Was it on the East or West side of the street? Google maps only shows 2 warehouses/buildings on that street. I could get the addresss if you know which one it is. Google Maps

Unfortunatly I have no idea which side of the street it is or which warehouse it might have been (of it's still there that is) ... did some quick searches on the internet but nothing shows up searching for PAS in CA :(

George, you might have been out there while PAS was still around ... any ideas?

Unfortunatly I have no idea which side of the street it is or which warehouse it might have been (of it's still there that is) ... did some quick searches on the internet but nothing shows up searching for PAS in CA :(

George, you might have been out there while PAS was still around ... any ideas?

yeah I'm pretty sure George knows exactly where it's at. I think I remember him saying that he used to drive by there everyday on his way to work when they were building the TTAs.

how about some of the pics with all the tta cars sitting in the parking lot - can you tell the building from looking at those pics?

Hi guys!
I use to drive by Van Nuys Plant all the time.
I never visited PAS, don't know why.:mad:
Drove out to the El Monte Pontiac dealership in Nov of 1988, to drive the mule car that all the magazine people were testing.
The dealership was the Pontiac Zone Office Public relations drop off point, and service place for them.
Somewhere I have the exact address.
Time to go throught all my photo books and find it.

Hey SlowTTA,
You ever come out to Laughlin?
I'm only 32 miles away from there.
Las Vegas?
Only 100 miles away from there.
Let me know, you can stop by out this way.

George:cool:

how about some of the pics with all the tta cars sitting in the parking lot - can you tell the building from looking at those pics?

Can't remember seeing that picture, can you post it. Got the picture with the TTAs in the building and looking at Google there's no large parking lot anywhere in that area but that could have changed over the years of course.

I've got a letter in my car documentation from PAS apologizing about the missing turbo emblems and advising when they're going to ship. I'm 99% sure the PAS California address is on there. I'll check tonight.

pas inc manufacturing facility 770 south epperson drive,city of industry,ca 91748

i have the same letter as joejakegrace was refering to and this was the address on it. hope this helps

I agree with the address, just found it alittle late.
Glad to see someone else posted it.

George:cool:

Just for sh*ts and giggles, anyone have the ASC address where GNX's were finished?

According to the google maps directions estimate, it would take me 20 hrs 28 mins to the PAS former site. 1,403 miles

Great, thanks for the address !

So next would be the address for the Pontiac Distribution Centre where PAS sent them after the final quality control and tuning :-) The Van Nuys assembly plant we all know where that one used to be ... know called The Plant on Van Nuys Bldv.

With all 3 addresses we can see where engines and cars where transported while being built

Took a drive aroun LA today, after visiting Pomona this morning, started with the old PAS facility in City of Industry where driver train where put together and shipped to the GM assembly plant in Van Nuys and later when they got the TTA's back tuned and made ready for delivery.

Then drove to Van Nuys Blvd where the old GM assembly plant used to be (closed down in 1993 or so I beleive) today there's a shopping area there (called The Plant) ...

Enjoy, got more photos I might post at a later point (I'm in a hurry to get out and grab a beer or two) !

Attachments

• PAS.jpg
    PAS.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 147
  • PAS2.jpg
    PAS2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 148
  • ThePlant.jpg
    ThePlant.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 143
Back