You can type here any text you want

Passenger side mirror repair/replacement

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
I have a crack in the actual mirror glass on my passenger side mirror. I acquired a "new" piece at a junkyard. I cannot recall how I got it out and am having a hard time finding out how to pull out the old piece and replace it with this new one. Everything else on the unit is fine and paint is excellent so I prefer to try and fix this one rather than to swap a whole new assembly into its place.

BTW, the unit is the remote adjustment unit. All of the wiring has been pulled and I can have it on my bench in a matter of minutes. Just need to figure out how to do the mirror swap without breaking anything.

If anyone can help, please post up- with pics if you have them...

TIA

Sounds like the hard way. You need to replace the entire mirror assembly and not just the guts. I've swapped cases before and it aint fun. There is ONE screw hiding behind the plastic backing for the glass. If you have the glass seperated from the plastic backing than it's easy to get to and disassemble.

Glass

You Cam Purchase The Factory Glass From Gm.. It Has The"objects In Mirror..........on The Glass,it Double-back Tapes On To The Base..i Just Bought One Last Week For Approx 38.00...

You Cam Purchase The Factory Glass From Gm.. It Has The"objects In Mirror..........on The Glass,it Double-back Tapes On To The Base..i Just Bought One Last Week For Approx 38.00...

I have the same issue with my driver's side mirror, I just need the mirror part, anyone know the part number??

GM Part Number 20210902. They are discontinued from GM but we have a limited supply in stock. $40.00 plus S&H.:)

Attachments

• Erics Pix 1157.jpg
    Erics Pix 1157.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 168
Found a seller on E-bay that I can get just the glass from for 20.00 includes shipping. He sells the drivers and passengers mirrior glass.

So, if I understand correctly, I have to remove the cracked glass (not really sure how or with what?) Then after it's removed, put a new piece of glass.

To my understanding, it is nearly impossible to replace the guts...

So, if I understand correctly, I have to remove the cracked glass (not really sure how or with what?) Then after it's removed, put a new piece of glass.

To my understanding, it is nearly impossible to replace the guts...

Thats exactly what I'm going to do.

This is what I'm working with. It's not that bad. Is there no easy way???:mad:

mirrorandrpo004.jpg

mirrorandrpo001.jpg

mirrorandrpo002.jpg

Any pics of the fix?

I need to do this asap but really hate to buy new glass when I've got a perfectly good one sitting here.:mad:

Back