Pathetic

smokin'6

Banned
After moving here from Detroit, bought another GN. Almost a waste, no where to take it, BGNRA is a joke, when they get around to updating it!! Might as well buy an import!!

Well, get together at lacr 5/17 was cancelled due to a lack of interest from BGNRA (BTW, three guys there I talked to were wondering where the club was at, one brought and raced his car anyway. May already and one event so far this year, lacr 1/1. May already and still no calendar of events for this year, even with a GM show in van nuys and a buick show in pasadena next month. No one seems to encourage much involvement in events. What exactly does $30/yr get you, a xerox newsletter? The lack of participation in this southwest section bout says it all.

amen to that.

thier website is a joke, i would think of better things to buy with 30 bucks, hell maybe i should start a buick club and charge 25 for yearly subcription.

I figure I won't bother with clubs and just post as much info here as I can about shows coming up and try and promote interest in people getting together. See June shows posting in turbo lounge and car show categories.

pasadena/ van nuys

whats going on pasadena/ van nuys? i am in Simi and wouldnt mind checking out some events / racing. BGNRA web site said may event canceled so i didnt go. i went to last novembers it was ok but lack of participation and pre registration probably killed the may event. (not like i was expecting a blowout or anything)
i'm thinking of going to lacr on a friday or wed nite
i know 2 other TR owners in town also
andrew

June 1, 2003, LOS ANGELES, CA
The Los Angeles Chapter will host the Fifth Annual ALL-GM Automobile Show at beautiful Woodley Park on the green grass among shady trees. This is one of Los Angeles’ best shows, formerly held at the GM Training Center. Register early as over 300 vehicles attend yearly with a large swap area. Classes for hot rods, factory muscle, work in progress, trucks, professional & customs. Anything built by GM is welcomed. Pre-register by May 24, 2003, for $15 per car, $20 for car corral or a swap space. Day of show registration $20 per car, $25 for car corral or swap space. Please contact Steve Rostam at (818) 999-6626 for more info.

Sunday, June 22: 21st Annual Buick show at the Pasadena City Hall Plaza

bring your Buick to the biggest all Buick show in Southern California(must be BCA member to enter car)

email for details: jlarson@socal.rr.com Follow San Gabrial link at buickclub.org

thanks for the info. maybe i will catch the pasadena show.
drew

I had posted a thread a while ago about trying to do a dyno day of some sort.

I did not get much interest in it so I did not say much else. If you guys want to try to get together for a car show/dyno day or track day lets do it.

I just need to know there is some interest in it to make it work

I know.

We keep waiting for UPS to bring us a present and so far no luck.

Previously posted by:
Reggie West

"I know.
We keep waiting for UPS to bring us a present and so far no luck."

You do mean the UPS girl in the shorts, don't you?

Gary I would not care if it was the girl in the shorts or a guy.

The package finally showed up today and it looks pretty nice.

So much so you would forget about the girl, at least until you were done looking at the intake.;)

dyno day

i would be down for some dyno time. where would it be set up?

drew

Well its a mobile dyno so it can go just about anywhere.

Any ideas?

another GN in simi...

a few months back i posted about a "get together" and got only two responses so i just put it on the back burner but if there is more interest then lets try and set up something..... poker run, cruise, hang out, race day, dyno day, swap parts and storys share a beer and pizza just buick fans having fun lets start something anyone interested say yes i will start a list and then we can go from there about setting up a event day and time

i know your out there we set up a small thing at last years BGNRA at LACR with i think there were five cars or maybe six anyways it can be done so what do ya say???? plus if you have any suggestions i would welcome them ...what to do? where to go ? etc...

I had the same success weeks ago when I tried a get together. But we had a good showing at the GM show in Van Nuys 6/1. I posted the info as I will others, in the events news and turbo lounge forums.

I say we just get together for a beer and pizza and share stories as drive85 said, why does it have to be for dyno day or something were we have to spend money, why can we just get together for a drive and shot the chit, talk about things etc etc, you can count me in.

something to talk about....

making 400rwhp on the dyno would be something to talk about!
im always down for beer and pizza to!

the pasadena GSA show sounds good. they sell beer and pizza 2 blocks away from there also.

a