PCM...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Seems we have a "problem child" in our shop.
5.3/2004 Tahoe engine, and the complete driveline, ALL the harness, das, etc..The entire dash is even transplanted.:rolleyes:
Engine starts, runs well, until it hits closed loop. About 80-130 frames, [EFILIVE data logging], After closed loop comes on, the STFT goes straightline to -33%, and the O2's go to straightline .995+/-:eek:
ALL other sensor inputs are normal.
This is a complete 30K drivetrain pullout, transplant. The engine is bone stock.
We've tried: 2 ecms, countless tune changes...The results are exactly the same.:banghead:
2 other shops, ours, and various others w/ suggestions = No answers.

NE1 want to venture a guess?

o2 sensors swapped left-to-right?

I have not checked them. However I questioned the person that is involved, making logs, etc. He says he has verified the wiring is correct....
Several other people have asked the same ?... seems like a common issue, especially with "transplants".

Thanks for your reply.(y)

Well folks, the issue has been found/corrected!
It seems as tho, when the owner did the conversion, he decided to tee the emission solenoid on the truck intake, to the fuel psi reg return line!:eek:
I was doing a "brain scan" this am, when I decided to start over, by "staring at the engine.":bucktooth:
I traced this hose he had put on the solenoid, and found it went to the rear of the truck. I chased it, only to find it hooked to the hose off the bottom of the fpr..:rolleyes:
I then pulled the hose off the sol, and what do you know, it's full of gas.:wtf:
No wonder the poor old O2 sensors and the STFT couldn't keep up!
Plugged the hose, plugged the sol port, disconnected the wiring, hooked up EFILIVE...WALA! No more issues.:cool:
I then made some other changes, reprogrammed the pcm, and made a log of over 2k frames...Nary a hiccup! Drove it.. Runs like a top, will scald the tires.

Life's good!

Thanks to all for the input.:D(y)