You can type here any text you want

PCV/ Check Valve...How many are still running them?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

I am wondering how many of you guys running low 9's and 8's are still running a PCV system with a stock pcv or a RJC check valve?

I noticed the Chris has welded up the port for where the original o-ring would have gone, so I assume he is not running one.

I am planning on running a lt1 smog pump to remove some crankcase pressure but I only have it on at WOT, during normal driving it is off.

I am at the point where it would be easy to weld up the bung thus my asking.

Adrian

I don't use them. I weld AN fittings to the valve covers and run lines to A vent can.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1378409625.687708.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

FWIW- what I found was the best location for vent bungs on my stage 2 heads was directly in front on the vertical wall of the valve cover. The internal pedestals make a really nice baffle and keep any splash away from the vent. I would get oil accumulating in my vent tanks when placed on the top of the valve cover but now I just get a small amount of condensation.
AG

FWIW- what I found was the best location for vent bungs on my stage 2 heads was directly in front on the vertical wall of the valve cover. The internal pedestals make a really nice baffle and keep any splash away from the vent. I would get oil accumulating in my vent tanks when placed on the top of the valve cover but now I just get a small amount of condensation.
AG

hey Allen,

would it be possible to post a pic? or link if there is one already posted?

I still retain my PCV. I drilled and tapped my Champion spacer for the vacuum source and run it in the stock location, I did not weld up the hole. I run a aluminum valley pan under the intake to keep it from sucking oil. Moroso breathers on the valve covers plumbed under the intake into a T and ran to my LT1 evac pump. For a street car in my area, it is mandatory to be there if I get pulled over. Not too mention, I can't take the smell of oil vapors inside the car when running breathers on the valve covers or catch cans in the engine compartment by eliminating the PCV.

Back