You can type here any text you want

PCV sucking up oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevellejoe

Has anyone had this issue of sucking oil through PCV from intake? I have the stock intake gasket with valley pan. It started after I rebuilt the motor and fixed my low oil pressure issue. Now my pressure is about 20psi at idle and 48 at 2400rmp. Anyway I am getting tired of the smell of burning oil. I temporarily installed the pcv in the stock valve cover pass. side breather and it got much better. I didn’t want to install a catch can and have to empty it every so often; I just want to fix it right. I figure I will buy the TA low profile valve covers with the breather holes vertical and install the pcv on the valve cover.

Had the same problem, got an AC Delco replacement and it seems to be better now. I think your always going to have somewhat of an issue with a turbo car as opposed to NA.

Use a GM part & run a catch can if it's really bad? I hear some complain & I do have a catch can but never needed it? I run a GM PCV & a check valve inline & it's fine at 25+ lbs boost.

Back