You can type here any text you want

Pcv!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
is it ok Not to run the pcv line to vacuum block? i have the pcv with a vacuum line to my intake valley just open vented is that ok? and i have the vacuum port on the block plugged with a cap.. is it ok to run the car like that my intake sucks pretty hard and it sucks up oil from the pcv valve dont like that, that why i just popped it off and capped the vac block

Are you not running the stock valley pan style intake gasket? A pvc with no vacuum is just a one way breather

im not sure of the intake gasket seems to metal on the edges, but i just dont like that the pcv sucks up oil i even tried a new pcv still sucks up into the intake is there any problem with it as a breather dont see why not? just wanted to get some feedback? i dont see anything bad about it?

Chris I have a one way check valve made by US Plastics. I researched this site and found these to have a 1lb crack pressure. I was having the same problem as you and bought one (actually 10) to put in line. My problem was solved. If you want one PM with your address and I will put one in the mail for you.

is it ok Not to run the pcv line to vacuum block? i have the pcv with a vacuum line to my intake valley just open vented is that ok? and i have the vacuum port on the block plugged with a cap.. is it ok to run the car like that my intake sucks pretty hard and it sucks up oil from the pcv valve dont like that, that why i just popped it off and capped the vac block

no, that't not ok.. your pcv valve is now just a fancy plug.
hook it up the way the GM engineers did it, and make sure to use the proper AC Delco valve for your car.

Chris I have a one way check valve made by US Plastics. I researched this site and found these to have a 1lb crack pressure. I was having the same problem as you and bought one (actually 10) to put in line. My problem was solved. If you want one PM with your address and I will put one in the mail for you.
Having the same problem would you sell one of them ?

Its ok to eliminate the pcv system

How about drawing the oil/air mixture into a filtered canister before it is drawn into the intake manifold? It would go something like this: crankcase > PCV valve > filtered canister > intake manifold. The idea is for the canister to separate and store the oil. Hopefully some of the oil is kept out of the intake. I have not tried this. Below is a link to a filtered canister. There are probably others out there, I have not evaluated one yet.

Prosport billet Aluminum Oil Catch can-Silver

Paul Lohr

Please Explain to us how the a check valve is going to eliminate oil consumption.

Back