You can type here any text you want

Pegged BLM's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
Trying to figure this out. Reset ecm runs fine for 5 minutes or so then pegs the blm's and it starts dumping in fuel like crazy.

Swapped MAFs =no change, disconnected translator =no change, checked all vaccum lines =no leaks, swapped chips and known good ecm =no change, checked grounds =all good WTF????

I'm locking the chip in open loop. INT-128 BLM-128. It says 128, but I can see and smell it's still dumping fuel. Slight push on the pedal it smoothes out and doesn't seem to be running that rich....

Now the fun part, this happened out of the blue, No knock in the motor and hasn't seen a lot of boost. I drove it to E-town a few weeks ago pulled into the lanes and sat for 1hr or so(E-town sux 2 many ricers) before the first run. Wouldn't start??? Cranks but no ignition. Let sit for another 1hr, starts up but runs like crap. Idle seemed to stay around 1700-2100 and wouldn't come down.

Next to check!

Few things I haven't checked/corrected.
1. Slight exhaust leak on X-over.
2. Haven't changed out the coil pack/module.
3. Haven't swapped TPS and IAC yet....

02 sensor,coilpack,injectors, etc....

If you have to drive it,make sure you change oil very often.

If they go straight to 150 something is very wrong. Thats a lot of fuel.

Good luck.....bl problems are usually a simple fix, but it's finding the problem first that makes it a PITA.

Also, look in the tech section of the board and type in high bl's or something....that should help out. There are so many things it could be.

Good luck! And update us if you figure it out.

Bo

As is sits now it looks like the translator+ took a dump. When I hook the timing wire back up it effectively shuts down the car with a code 42. The maf portion still works, I even picked up a reman maf yesterday to go back to the non LT1 maf and see if it cured the blm prob.

So off to the searching and wondering game. What's great is that it failed inspection 3 weeks ago(emissions). I prolly wont have it sorted out within the 45 day grace period to fix it so the DMV will suspend the registration!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Has anyone heard me talk about how much I hate blood sucking, bleeding heart, criminal, Democrats that run my state.

At times like these dont you wish you had a good AC Delco MAF...

To own one of these cars and not have a spare lying around is foolish.

They pop up for sale all the time on the board, until you need one.. then you couldnt buy one with all the money in the world.

Good luck.. Been there..

PS, Move to Florida.. no emmissions.

replaced with good maf, took trans+ out of equation still there. Maybe tps or coil pak or moduale who knows I'll get it soon enough.

EGR gasket blown out?

And when you say pegs..you mean 150 correct?

Never thought about EGR. EGR tower has been removed and smoothed inside the intake. Max correction as far as I know is 160 on the BLM/INT and 90 I thought as the lowest readable number. I checked the plugs they have a nice clean burn to them.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to check for vaccum leaks? I used to get starter spray or carb cleaner and spray it around where the leak might be and look for the rpms to stumble, but with a painted and clear coated intake I kinda don't wanna do that........

Coil pack and module test soon as well as tps, we'll see....

The min/max depends where its set on the chip. The extender and Red's chips are 90/160. Most all others are 105-150

You still havent said which direction its pegging?

90?
160?

Sorry pegging meaning maxed out not bottoming out. It goes straight to 160 once warmed up. It's strange if I lock it in open loop it says 128 on the short and long term fuel corrections, but still smells of raw fuel in the exhaust.

Gonna try the coil pack and module first, followed by the tps and the o2. I ruled out the ecm, chip, and maf so far.......

The other wierd thing is that it isn't that quiet anymore, it was dead silent at first, it started to run this way and it got noisy like every other buick I've heard. Clearances opening up/ breaking in the cam and bearings????

Tune in next time for "The buick pisses pete off"

Next installment:

Changed coil pack and module, changed maf, ecm, chip, isolated vaccum sources. I Plugged the vaccum block and the egr riser is milled and filled(i believe) so there should be no vaccum coming from it. engine is getting noisier :mad: :mad: :mad:

This thing ran like a top, could barely hear it cept for the exhaust. Now it seems there are gremlins using sledgehammers on the cam. Gets real loud then quiets down without an rpm adjustment mind you. It stays pretty solid at 925 but it'll get real tappy then it'll quiet. Blm's still at 155 as compared to 160.

I guess it's time to rule out the exhaust leak scenario. It sounded like it had one at first but then morphed into a stuck lifter, tap noise. I'll grab a can tomorrow and see what she does.

Back