You can type here any text you want

pics of MAF in up pipe?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Anybody have pics of their MAF mounted in the up pipe.....?

Looking for ideas.... on ideal location.

I don't want to cut my pipe until I know it will be where it looks/functions best.

FWIW... I have a stock LS1 MAF meter.

don't have any pics, but my recommendation is half-way between the intercooler and throttlebody.

Bob

maf relocation

i saw this done and was curious as to know what the benefit is to relocate the maf to the up-pipe.

thx
buickbert

I put mine about where Bob said, so that the top of the maf was just below the top of the radiator. That way the stock harness could reach with no problem and it was in the middle of a nice straight section for smooth even flow. I gained about one psi of boost and slightly quicker spoolup, but didn't seem to gain at the track. I ran one Friday night with the stock location setup, then the next Friday with it moved. Weather was pretty close to the same, but who knows for sure. I expected about 1 mph more given the gain in boost. Since I'm not running an extender chip I went with the 3" lt1 sensor to make it easy to plumb in. Turns out it is more like 3.25" based on how hard it was to stuff into 3" silcone intercooler hoses :-).

Back