You can type here any text you want

Pics of my LSx 67 Firebird

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

Here are a few pics of my 67 Firebird with a LS1 swap. I just got it done a few weeks ago.
Firebird055.jpg

Firebird064.jpg

Firebird060.jpg

Firebird050-1.jpg

Firebird012.jpg

Bad a$$$$$$$

Thanks!!

Just as a side note I am not actively trying to the sell the Firebird but I would be willing to trade this Firebird for a Stage II car or a nice TSM type 109 car. I bought everything new when I put the Firebird together including the engine new from GM and all new suspension, brakes and steering.

keep the hood shut & it looks like a stocker. I bet the folks over on Performance Years are hating it.

I like it! Is that a distribitor? I didnt know they could run HEI, more info on that!

I like it! Is that a distribitor? I didnt know they could run HEI, more info on that!

Thanks guys!

The motor doesn't have a distibutor, it is running off the factory crank trigger controled by an MSD box. I mounted the 8 coils behind the intake to get them off the valve covers. I am thinking of moving them to the pan rail so that they would be completely hidden but I am a little worried about heat there. You can put a distributor on a LS1 using a kit from GM Performance that comes with a timming cover with provisions for a distributor(oddly the kit is set up for a Ford dist.!) but it requires the water pump to be spaced out about an 1.5" so it is pretty much a race set up because it would be hard to get accessories to line up with the water pump spaced out.

very nice. how much power is it gonna make.

That's a good question. Other guys over on LS1tech.com are making 420ish to the wheel in 6 speed cars with similar set ups to mine so that should be somewhere in the ballpark. The car only weighs 2965 with the aluminum motor and I plan to add a 150 shot also so the car should be well into the 10's once I get it all lined out.

Can I get some details on the motor mounts, the accessory mounting especially on the driver’s side, oil pick up and oil pan used?
I have been dreaming of going in this rout.
Thanks
David

Can I get some details on the motor mounts, the accessory mounting especially on the driver’s side, oil pick up and oil pan used?
I have been dreaming of going in this rout.
Thanks
David

The mount plates are from Carshop Inc. They adapt the 4 bolt LS style mount to use a standard SBC 3 bolt mount. The LSx motors are shorter than a SBC so I bought the 1" set back plates to put the motor back as far possible for better weight distribution. The oil pan is from Champ Pans and it is a sheet metal pan that is made for LSx into older muscle cars conversion. Some modify a stock F body pan but that reduces oil capacity and removes the baffling in the oil pan so I think the Champ Pan is a much better alternative. The PS pump assembly is a stock F body part and I made the alternator mount. I could not use the factory f body alternator mount because it sits low on the drivers side and that would not clear the frame.

Very nice car and great work on the conversion.

Before i clicked on the links for the pics, the thought that first came to me was is it going to be a dark green paint on the firebird i think it was called dark forrest green i always liked that color on those cars but the red looks good too.

John :)

Before i clicked on the links for the pics, the thought that first came to me was is it going to be a dark green paint on the firebird i think it was called dark forrest green i always liked that color on those cars but the red looks good too.

John :)

I have always thought that the only good color for the 67-68 is red. although I did have a blue/green color one that was not bad.

Back