You can type here any text you want

Pics of Pro Touring rear sway bar installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Did the install of a Pro Touring rear sway bar today. Here are some pics. Took about 2 hours to install taking my time. This includes removing the stock rear bar.

Like the way this bar looks since it doesn't hang down like the bigger drag bars. The hoop part actually faces the back of the car instead of facing straight down. Available on our site. G-BODY REAR PRO TOURING SWAY BAR

No on road testing yet as we have the Sahara Desert on our roads from all the snow storms.

Attachments

• ptaxleclamp.jpg
    ptaxleclamp.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 799
  • ptcloseupofendlink.jpg
    ptcloseupofendlink.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 794
  • ptendlink.jpg
    ptendlink.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 788
  • ptleftsidemount.jpg
    ptleftsidemount.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 788
  • ptoverallview.jpg
    ptoverallview.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 784
why GM didn't use that style of sway bars on cars besides F bodies makes no sense at all to me at all..

I was going to try and resist this, but i cant. Anyone want to buy my ATR rear sway bar? What are the adjustments on this? I see an adjustable link and 3 holes on the bar itself.

Scott

So the furthest up is for the softest ride? What do you gain with the adjustable link?

I was going to try and resist this, but i cant. Anyone want to buy my ATR rear sway bar? What are the adjustments on this? I see an adjustable link and 3 holes on the bar itself.

Scott

How much are you looking for for your ATR rear sway bar?

Thanks
Jack

Looks good Mark. Does it have any application at the track or is a street upgrade only for better handling?

Mark,
How does this compare to the Spohn swaybar setup? I have been looking at the HR parts bar, the spohn, and now yours, since I just found this. Yours looks very similar to the Spohn.

Thanks

Gino

Mark,
How does this compare to the Spohn swaybar setup? I have been looking at the HR parts bar, the spohn, and now yours, since I just found this. Yours looks very similar to the Spohn.

Thanks

Gino
I am a dealer for Spohn AND HR!:smile:

Nice pics. The bar we developed for Spohn looks great on your car. I think you`ll like it a lot. We`ve been running the original prototype for close to 7 years now and this current version since last fall. I`m very pleased with how it came out. If I may ask a favor though please take my ad copy off of your site and write your own. Thanks.
Anyone interested can read about this bar`s development here SC&C/Spohn Adj. PT Rear Swaybar is done! - Pro-Touring.com Mark SC&C

Nice pics. The bar we developed for Spohn looks great on your car. I think you`ll like it a lot. We`ve been running the original prototype for close to 7 years now and this current version since last fall. I`m very pleased with how it came out. If I may ask a favor though please take my ad copy off of your site and write your own. Thanks.
Anyone interested can read about this bar`s development here SC&C/Spohn Adj. PT Rear Swaybar is done! - Pro-Touring.com Mark SC&C

As far as the ad copy goes that came directly from Spohn as I did for all their products I sell.

how well do those rod ends hold up in a car that gets miles put on it and hits the occasional dusty gravel road?

TR, Steve Spohn used that ad copy and the pic that I took of the pre production bar (gray,rather than black or red) for that matter with our permission. Nothing personal Mark, I suppose Steve can sell the bars to anyone he wants now that our development is done. There`s just something uncool to me about seeing my words and pic on another companys site.

Novaderric, as many people know I`m not usually a fan of heim ends on street cars. Swaybars see a lot less load than say trailing arms though and Spohn`s heims are teflon lined and very high quality. I`ve put about 2,800 miles or so on the pre production bar mounted on our `86 Monte test mule, driven rain or shine,occasionally parking in dusty gravel lots. Around here the roads are cindered in the winter and we have a lot of abrasive road grit. They`re still quiet. We may eventually do one with greasable,sealed polymer race spherical joint or something similar but I have to admit the heims are working well so far.

I don`t know how the posting rules are currently but I`m probably over stepping my bounds as we`re not a paying advertiser at this time. If you have any other questions please contact me off the board. :) Mark SC&C

Anyone have this on their ride yet? Im seriously considering buying one but want to get a firsthand testimony beforehand.

Back