You can type here any text you want

Pictures of largest tires on stock rims?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kels87gn

I've got 235/60-15 BFG radial ta and am not happy with the stance and look. I was wondering if there are any pictures out there of something wider on stock GN 15x7 rims. I would like a little taller and wider in the rear. I've heard 275's look fine but can't locate any pictures. If I'm right 255/60 are almost an inch taller but don't know if that's enough. Any opinions and pictures?
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1384022772.057559.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1384022819.522006.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1384022855.922226.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

At this point I plan on putting bilstein shocks all around and maybe variable rate springs in the rear. I'm definitely not going to do any trimming/rolling etc..

IMG_0093.JPG
255s are the right tire.these are on 8 inch rims though but the car is lowered so 275s wont fit

Do you have a picture? So 255 won't be as tall as 275 either will they?

I have 275s on my GN .I bought 275s for this and they didnt look right and rubbed here is a pic of the 275s
IMG_0099.JPG
and the 255s
IMG_0143.jpg

Is the front lowered in that picture or is that the difference in tire size?

Yeah. 2in drop springs by DSE. Have the ones for the rear but didn't know if the 275 would fit under that drop.

Yeah. 2in drop springs by DSE. Have the ones for the rear but didn't know if the 275 would fit under that drop.

What size tires up front? Any rubbing or bottom out issues with those springs?

Thanks

What size tires up front? Any rubbing or bottom out issues with those springs?

Thanks

Shocks all the way around are DSE. Front spring is 2in drop spring. Rear spring are stock moot replacement spring. Front tire is stock. The rear is a Mickey Thompson 275/60/15. On the rear,No rubbing at all. A little bit laterally but nothing to much. I got the shocks and springs from Scot W. From the stock setup. I like it a lot. It's a bit firm but I like that, rides nice and drives nice. Feels a lot better. Have no issues at all.

Shocks all the way around are DSE. Front spring is 2in drop spring. Rear spring are stock moot replacement spring. Front tire is stock. The rear is a Mickey Thompson 275/60/15. On the rear,No rubbing at all. A little bit laterally but nothing to much. I got the shocks and springs from Scot W. From the stock setup. I like it a lot. It's a bit firm but I like that, rides nice and drives nice. Feels a lot better. Have no issues at all.

Thanks, I have been considering a front end drop.

I would get 255 60 15s and go

My buddy bought dse all around and the car didn't sit right He ended up selling all of it and going with something else

I know that you're asking what size will fit with a stock rim, but I don't have a pic of them right now.I will take some pics tomorrow of my 295/50/15 tires on stock rims if you want to see how they look on the car.

These are what I have mounted right now.
IMG_0489.JPG
IMG_0498.JPG

They are 295/50/16, 28" tall and I believe the 15s are 27" tall. The lips aren't rolled and I use no spacers.

Gnicetry
Do you have aside view if those 255?

Thanks, I have been considering a front end drop.

I like the racked look for now. Will probably drop it later down the road when I get a gnx style wheel and go to a wider smaller height tire but for now going to the track it works.

My buddy bought dse all around and the car didn't sit right He ended up selling all of it and going with something else

I've had no problems with it and like it a lot doesn't sit uneven at all.

Kels87GN-
You can click on the pics to get a close up. I have stock worn out springs in front and old Eibach lowering springs in the rear. The first pic is level, the second one the side you are looking at is on lower ground and the 3rd it is on higher ground. The incline makes a small difference.
DSC04641.JPG
DSC05191.JPG
DSC05171.JPG

Back