You can type here any text you want

Piedmont going 1/4 mile?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

esinger

Stroker Hot Air
I just got off the phone with a friend that told me that Piedmont Dragway is being sold to a new owner. He said that by next spring it will be a 1/4 mile track. They are going to extend the track and resurface it.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Eric

I think Piedmont used to be a quarter mile, but cars were getting too fast to be able to slow down. It will be nice to have a quarter close to central nc without haveing to drive 100 miles to Fayetteville or Rockingham.

We have an 1/4 mile here in Jacksonville. But no slicks.:mad: Dot tires only.
So I will have some et streets coming.

To my knowledge, Piedmont has never been 1/4 mile. I used to race there back int he 80s.

Ive heard multiple times its going 1/4 mile. Maybe this time it will actually happen.

I talked to Rico at the track today and he said it will be 1/4 mile next spring for street cars running low 11s, maybe high 10s. All others will have to run 1/8 mile. Just have to wait and see.

I will be able to run the 1/4 based on my time, but I think your car is a lot faster. :smile:

I think I would still only run the 1/8 mile because I don't like the abuse the car takes running the 1/4. JMO.

To my knowledge, Piedmont has never been 1/4 mile. I used to race there back int he 80s.

Ive heard multiple times its going 1/4 mile. Maybe this time it will actually happen.
Do you remember Mark Rileys old late 70s early 80s Buick with the GN engine? That pos ran low 7s. The bumber sticker said do not wash scientific rust experiment in progress ..or something like that.

I've heard way back it was 1/4 too. Oh well, theres a bunch of trees at the end to get you stopped

Do you remember Mark Rileys old late 70s early 80s Buick with the GN engine? That pos ran low 7s. The bumber sticker said do not wash scientific rust experiment in progress ..or something like that.

Craig.

I don't remeber that car. but i have seen pictures of it and i do beleive it was a skyhawk. Mark would refer to it as "The Rust Deluxe"

I was also talking to another friend about piedmont going to a 1/4 mile and he told me that yrs ago piedmont used to me a 1/5 of a mile.

Back